Dynadot

Is anybody considering Stellar domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

1domain

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,

Just wondering, is anyone here considering investing in Stellar domain names? Do you recommend and what are your thoughts.

Stellar is new Bitcoin like currency, the board members at Stellar include Keith Rabois of Papypal.

stellar.png
Stellar
is a decentralized protocol for sending and receiving money in any pair of currencies. This means users can, for example, send a transaction from their Yen balance and have it arrive in Euros, Yen, or even bitcoin. We’re expecting to support the usual categories of transactions: payments to a merchant, remittances back home, or rent splits with a roommate.

You can hold a balance with a gateway, which is any network participant you trust to accept a deposit in exchange for credit on the network. Stellar also comes with a built-in digital currency, referred to as the stellar, which we’re giving away for free. The currency will have value (as determined by the market); however, its primary function is providing a conversion path between other currencies.

Please share your thoughts on investing in Stellar domains.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Picked up a few. Every trend I do. Lose out usually, but 1 sale can make up for the 2-5 I pick up in each one. Having a portfolio of diversified trends (100+) can surely pay off.

Just look at cloud domains, hand registered and last month the average of 3 cloud names were $330.

Assuming that if one domain in each trend portfolio were to sell for $330, having 5 registered for $9 is $45 (x2 years $90). When 1 of them sells, that is a $240 profit on 1 domain out of the bunch and the rest may be garbage.

My drone names are getting U/V type-ins, most likely domainers trying to find them.

Not going to miss a wave like cloud again, so I follow trends... but diversify between that and pretty much every other domain to not completely fail.

Good luck

•••
The big question is if they're registering stellar as a trademark and how actively they'll enforce it on domain names that incorporate it.

•••
The big question is if they're registering stellar as a trademark and how actively they'll enforce it on domain names that incorporate it.
That's why I went small and used STR. Can you trademark a currency specific nomenclature (BTC, LTC, USD, JPY, GBP, etc.)? If so, I lost $45. It wasn't something that I researched.

•••
Picked up a few. Every trend I do. Lose out usually, but 1 sale can make up for the 2-5 I pick up in each one. Having a portfolio of diversified trends (100+) can surely pay off.

Just look at cloud domains, hand registered and last month the average of 3 cloud names were $330.

Assuming that if one domain in each trend portfolio were to sell for $330, having 5 registered for $9 is $45 (x2 years $90). When 1 of them sells, that is a $240 profit on 1 domain out of the bunch and the rest may be garbage.

My drone names are getting U/V type-ins, most likely domainers trying to find them.

Not going to miss a wave like cloud again, so I follow trends... but diversify between that and pretty much every other domain to not completely fail.

Good luck
If you put a value on your time and also consider the time value of money and the opportunity cost of investing your money elsewhere, your returns reduce considerably.

•••
If you put a value on your time and also consider the time value of money and the opportunity cost of investing your money elsewhere, your returns reduce considerably.
Yes, this is basic accounting/economics.

However, it took about 20 seconds to use Keyword Planner, extract names I liked/had a website built or end user on other cryptocurrency terms and registered them within another 20 seconds (takes about 5 seconds to register 100+ names with Uniregistry).

In all, I spent maybe at the tops 5 minutes of work registering 8 names that have a fair shot (seeing how many are registered and what was, I think I got fairly decent ones and not left behind like drone names [which still get U/V]) at $$$ sales now or $$$$($) later.

Five minutes isn't much, I would consider that my lunch break. Now, it's sit and wait for people to come.

Already getting U/V's on some (quick domainer whois probably, wish I could see the traffic source).

Next, it'll be counter-offer.

Go ahead and run a whois on awesome generic Stellar names. You won't find any available. Speculators got them before me (but like I said, I got 8 and that's 3 more than I normally would have registered, that are of high quality).

This reply took me more time than the research conducted and purchasing $70 worth of domains put together.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back