IT.COM

Is Domain Parking Dead?

Spaceship
Watch

Goodold80

Impact
I am experiencing a serious decline in parking revenue. I would like to share your opinion of the possible causes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How much did Bodis pay you?
If it's not indiscretion...

On what dates will you be paid from Bodis and Sedo?

•••
Upvote 0
Not dead at all.

I don't park much, but even had two days with extreme traffic spikes, where I hit close to $1k/day, on a name registered just year ago. Can't say it's dead, sorry.

•••
Upvote 0
Only 1 name, Vital?
How many visits/clicks and what is the epc of the name?
And where was it? At Bodis?

And you have to remember... it's one thing to have the money with the parking company and it's another thing to be able to withdraw the money
Have you managed to withdraw the money?

•••
Upvote 0
1 name @bodis

It was this summer so it's paid out, but in general I had all the payments cleared without issues from Bodis so far.

•••
Upvote 0
That month you made a good few thousand dollars

Do you only work with Bodis?
You never tried Sedo or ParkingCrew?

•••
Upvote 0
PC yes (lower earning on same names compared to Bodis). Sedo never worked for me.

I have just a handful of names parked though. Complete rookie in the parking field.

But I know at least two guys making 6 figures/mo and one friend is in 5 figures/mo so that doesn't sound like parking is dead to me.

•••
Upvote 0
Why didn't Sedo work for you?

Even though you are a rookie, what do you think about the future of parking?

The friends you mention...
They make a living from parking or they do something else?

•••
Upvote 0
Benn asking the same question myself for years, but the numbers there used to be very low for me. So I'd say Bodis > Above > PC > Sedo. Historically, I was also using Voodoo and Uniregistry but I didn't have solid parking performers back then so I can compare. Again, very little volume/revenue so my first hand experience is statistically non significant.

Parking definitely makes fair chunk of their income, not their sole income stream though.

•••
Upvote 0
Could you give me some lights about other income streams?
I'm a little lost here...

•••
Upvote 0
Hey @nithya78, any update?
Did you get paid by Bodis and Sedo?

•••
Upvote 1
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Yep, Parking is Dead for most domains, as less traffic and cutting of revenue in last few month or so

•••
Upvote 0
Another nail in the coffin imo
(PC announcement)

1699365826692.png

•••
Upvote 0
This will have a significant negative impact on domain parking

•••
Upvote 0
It will probably lower CTR. I have already seen it on a couple of domains, e.g. "mistervelo.com"

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
In addition to blocking accounts out of the blue, they usually do it very close to the payment day
Furthermore, the average epc in my names is higher in other parking companies
they ban around payment days because it's when they know from the adfeed is the traffic quality is good or not.
at least this is what they say and it could make sense.

•••
Upvote 0
domainnamewire.com/2023/11/07/parking-ad-revenue-will-be-impacted-by-google-changes-in-january

•••
Upvote 0
Hi @nithya78
Did you get the payout from Bodis and Sedo?
Thank you

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Got the payment from Bodis but sedo payment got scrapped
Sedo have to pay you, they are supposedly a legit company...
Run after what's yours

•••
Upvote 0
Payment on time since 2010 from Sedo and Bodis.

@houseguy
I can sell parked domains with revenue but not for less than 24 months revenue.

•••
Upvote 0
All that gloom, by the way pc is redesigning their platform, if your business model is dying you don't do that, also the new platform beta has no personalized keyword interface, maybe that could be some hint of where the shots are aiming. Definitely parking has been hit at a macro scale, it's reasonable at the end, without the big guns there is no business model for any of us at all, let them cook, however changes like those hit like a truck if you have all eggs in one basket, lesson learned.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back