IT.COM

Is domainnamesales the best

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is the sales platform domainnamesales the best place to list domain names? I listed all of my domains and they were all accepted.

Do they still only accept high quality domains? I thought some of the domains were pretty shitty and actually was disappointed when they were approved.

Or by them being approved would that mean I was wrong and they are more valuable then what I thought?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is the sales platform domainnamesales the best place to list domain names? I listed all of my domains and they were all accepted.

Do they still only accept high quality domains? I thought some of the domains were pretty sh*tty and actually was disappointed when they were approved.

Or by them being approved would that mean I was wrong and they are more valuable then what I thought?

No, they are not the best.

They accept anyone and any domain these days- search their listings and see all the crap they have.

And not to mention how they steal your leads. Read this: http://www.tld.org/what-happened-to-domainnamesales-not-happy-at-all

That is not the only person to experience this with them. I had a similar experience in 2013.

Now there are other people coming out everywhere offering similar services for free... but I'd just give them all a skip. Handle your own leads on your own pages. If you are unable to, park with a parking company like Bodis or ParkingCrew that has great support and are not interested in your leads. DomainSponsor is good for parking, but not for inquiries-so if selling is important, try the two I mentioned. The other parking companies that I didn't mention... give them a skip- I wouldn't trust them.

•••
If i may, they are also a joke in terms of sales: they quoted me HALF A MILLION dollars for km.co.uk

•••
Hello,

Personally I have sold almost ten times more names at both SEDO and Afternic. I rarely sell domains at DNS and Flippa (except some paid auctions at the latter one).

However, I know guys who are reporting many successful sales with DNS. Sometimes they are using a broker who sells for them.

•••

They accept anyone and any domain these days- search their listings and see all the crap they have.

And not to mention how they steal your leads. Read this: http://www.tld.org/what-happened-to-domainnamesales-not-happy-at-all

That is not the only person to experience this with them. I had a similar experience in 2013.

Now there are other people coming out everywhere offering similar services for free... but I'd just give them all a skip. Handle your own leads on your own pages. If you are unable to, park with a parking company like Bodis or ParkingCrew that has great support and are not interested in your leads. DomainSponsor is good for parking, but not for inquiries-so if selling is important, try the two I mentioned. The other parking companies that I didn't mention... give them a skip- I wouldn't trust them.

Lol.

Most platforms only manage your leads if you ask them to.

•••

yeah, it's highly unlikely there are just people out there wanting to offer you their free services with sales landers at no cost, and not want anything in return.. so you gotta consider they are interested in your leads. of course its not a gaurantee. only they know what they do. I'm just saying its not an imposibility. it's stupid to say its impossible. and stupid to conclude its happening for sure.

nonetheless.. I am not sure why you say bodiz or parkcrew would not be intrrested in your leads? do you have any reason to say this or its an opinion?

•••
yeah, it's highly unlikely there are just people out there wanting to offer you their free services with sales landers at no cost, and not want anything in return.. so you gotta consider they are interested in your leads. of course its not a gaurantee. only they know what they do. I'm just saying its not an imposibility. it's stupid to say its impossible. and stupid to conclude its happening for sure.

nonetheless.. I am not sure why you say bodiz or parkcrew would not be intrrested in your leads? do you have any reason to say this or its an opinion?

It's a freemium model for most providers.

:P

•••
DNS have my vote, i'm a big fan of them and feel they are improving the whole time. I have made some serious sales with them and hope to continue to work with them going forward.

No platform is perfect and flawless in what they do, but from my experience they do overall a good job and know how to close serious prospects very well IMO.

•••
Has anybody been using their BIN landers extensively and (hopefully) successfully?

Been thinking of switching to BIN model for a while now and since I'm no fan of Flippa, Sedo and likes (actually pulled all my domains out of those places), DNS felt like a natural choice. Never got around to do it though, so would be useful to hear about experiences of those who did.

•••
DNS sucks... They will quote you $xxx,xxx price on an .org keyword worth probably very low $x,xxx (.com of which gets low to mid $xx,xxx offers max) and just kill of the trade. And yes, after their ridiculous pitch fails, instead of negotiating a normal price, they will try to sell you something else.

•••
I must say i've had very different experiences to some people here.

DNS never quote a price without me telling them what I suggest, and they never try selling anything else except post sale which is a little frustrating but to be honest I couldn't care that much as I wasn't going to do business with the buyer anyway from that point on.

It is not perfect but i've been overall very happy with them and they have closed some very nice sales for me so am quite content with their performance + they save me much of the hard work in the negotiation process.

•••
I'm happy about DNS parking revenue and I'm happy about how I can manage the inquiry and complete the transaction separately without any fee for them.
At the moment I'm 100% satisfied after 3 years with them

•••
Here is one of the responses, where they just promote a partner registry, which is unethical for a broker to do, imho, as he is there to represent specific client.

They have also tried to sell me the name I was interested in .com in new gtlds...

-----
Thanks for your response. At this time, the difference in pricing is too far apart for a deal to occur.

I would recommend registering an alternative domain name at our partner registrar Uniregistry.com; many are only ten dollars per year.
-----

•••
DNS is best thing around. Great thing about them is that they always improving. Sedo has not changed its crappy site in 10 years. Flippa scams their customers according to many threads on namepros. Go with DNS!

•••
@donnied79 @ksusha64

Do you guys manage the inquiries yourself? Why do you like it better than your own landing page? Parking revenue? What percent of names listed with them have you managed to sell in a year? Do sales through them result in higher price than you would have obtained by yourself?

•••
I get between 40-50 leads monthly on DNS. I was getting 1-2 a month on sedo and 0 on flippa with same domains. Parking is also great, highest I ever got from anywhere. The bad thing about DNS that offers are not binding. I had two offers this month for around 50 k each and both times buyer backed out. On sedo and other places its binding. @Recons.Com

•••
40-50 leads on how many names, Ksusha?

Are they J1J, 5N etc. quality leads or also on brandables, word+word etc? What I am trying to get is the ratios and why would DNS have higher leads than sedo, for example?

•••
40-50 leads on how many names, Ksusha?

Are they J1J, 5N etc. quality leads or also on brandables, word+word etc? What I am trying to get is the ratios and why would DNS have higher leads than sedo, for example?

there shouldn't be a reason for it.

though logic dictates some enduser buyers may get turned off once they see they need to open account on sedo or flippa just ot make offer. whicch is one of reasons I stay away from those auctions for landers.

i personally use bodis sales landers. they offer auto redirect to lander. no need for parked page or sale banner on it. it's a one page form. I think DNS is multi page.. 2 or 3. to submit offer. already too much imo.

bodis example:
www.rn.rs

Last edited:
•••
3.5k domains. 50 k offer was for kumbaya.com, divorcing.com. I get offers mostly on one word dictionary domains.

•••
I am curious about this especially in relation to alcy's post.
Has anyone compared approx. lead numbers from DNS to bodis or vice versa?

Thinking about it I would assume that 2/3 pages to submit an offer is a lot for some leads to bother.
Any experiences would be good to hear.

•••
DNS works for me. I have closed sales with them and parking revenue is a lot better too.

Not all parking services works for your domains. You need to try something else, test it.
You will not get 100% consensus to any services, you need to find out what is best for your domain portfolio.

•••
3.5k domains. 50 k offer was for kumbaya.com, divorcing.com. I get offers mostly on one word dictionary domains.

Thank you so much for sharing that. I assume 3500 names parked with DNS, not just in your portfolio. And How many of the 40-50 did actually lead to sales?

•••
usually around 10% of result in sales

•••
3500 names, 40-50 leads, 4-5 sales a month, 48-60 year, about 1.5%-2% range, i.e. the norm for good quality names.

But do you feel like you get better price via their platform?

•••
usually around 10% of result in sales

10% of DNS leads result in sales - wonderful.

I will be happy even if 5% convert into sales. Most of them are low ballers.

In spite of repeated requests, they are not implementing minimum offer lander.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back