Domain Empire

advice Is Your Domain Name Hurting Your Organic SEO Web Traffic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
One of the most important things about your website is your domain name.

It will totally make or break your business!

domain-name-case-study-1.jpg.webp

We have a client who originally used a .com domain name. However, if your primary target market is local, you do not want to use a .com domain.

This is so because Google will always give ranking preference to a local website if the searchers’ intent is to transact locally.

So, if your market is Malaysia, you will want to use a .my or a .com.my extension.

This client’s ecommerce market is primarily in Singapore but she used a .com domain, resulting in the site not ranking for much in Google.

On our advice, she made a major change to a .sg domain name and our team migrated the whole website to the new one using a page-by-page 301-redirect to preserve its SEO “equity”.

Quite instantly, you can see the before/after result.

We also have clients who used to target only the local markets, however, due to the US-China trade war, they need to go global to capture new markets.

Using a local domain name will NEVER help for global expansion.

We have consulted countless of clients on this very high-level digital strategy and set the right direction for them.

Works like a charm!

For more SEO case studies, visit www.growth.pro/seo-case-study

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, that is way higher impact than I would have expected.

You sure you didn't combine it with a promotion push?

Last edited:
•••
Wow, that is way higher impact than I would have expected.

You sure you didn't combine it with a promotion push?

We were working on their content and SEO for about 2 months prior to the domain change. It was a hurdle and we advised on the switch.

After that, traffic and google ranking was much easier. Of course, we continued working on SEO-structured content development and all the other technical SEO works..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back