domainman92

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone I just purchased the domain
marijuanagrowma.com

What do you think about this domain?
Does it have potential?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why did you register it

why is 'ma" at the end of name?

value = reg fee with coupon code

•••
Massachusetts. Just legalized, right?

•••
since you're going to have to explain that to everyone, then better to have full word than that abbreviation.

imo....

•••
I must admit I didn't understand it - I thought it meant marijuana makes you mother fat. :)

•••
•••
junk in my opinion. sorry

•••
Get a refund while you still can.

Last edited:
•••
maybe you can sell it to that guy looking to buy domains for $0.10

•••
•••
•••
Get a refund while you still can.

Just did lol thank you.
What would be a good domain to start with a .com or something else?

•••
Just did lol thank you.
What would be a good domain to start with a .com or something else?

If I could tell you about a profitable handreg, I'd go ahead and register it myself...:-P

I can tell you this:

- Stick to .com
- 2 words or less
- No typos, or uncommon spellings/abbreviations
- Watch what sells (namebio.com)
- Watch what's going to sell (research/news/press releases/blogs/etc.)
- Stick to what you already know. Look for names in industries/niches that you're interested in, or have knowledge of. These names will still hold value for you, even if you don't sell them. You can also add value to these names, much more easily and efficiently, if you decide to use them one day.

Cheers. :)

•••
"hey Ma! guess what? I'm Growing Marijuana Ma!"

Ma: "WORD?????? where at?"

"Check out MarijuanaGrowMa.com Ma! it's the schiznitz!"

lol sorry! couldn't resist. get a grace delete while you can. although. if someone posted

MarijuanaGrowNY.com would we even bat an eye?

Good luck DomainMan92.

•••
If I could tell you about a profitable handreg, I'd go ahead and register it myself...:-P

I can tell you this:

- Stick to .com
- 2 words or less
- Stick to what you already know. Look for names in industries/niches that you're interested in, or have knowledge of. These names will still hold value for you, even if you don't sell them. You can also add value to these names, much more easily and efficiently, if you decide to use them one day.

Thank you for the advise! :)

•••

I can tell you this:

- Stick to .com
- 2 words or less

Also are "-" in between word an ok thing to do?

•••
•••
•••
Also are "-" in between word an ok thing to do?

Normally NO, but sometimes YES. If that makes sense.

^ Pretty much.

If you're new though, I'm gonna say no. Hyphens and numbers are tricky areas. Don't get into that until you've made some sales and have some confidence in your abilities. Of course, there are exceptions, but they're fairly obvious. Names like "1234.com", "Shop247", "1Love.com", etc. are instant buys. There are chinese and german markets as well, which value numbers and hyphens, but IMO these are advanced areas and you really need to do some studying before you get involved with them. Stick to letters for now.

•••
^ Pretty much.

If you're new though, I'm gonna say no. Hyphens and numbers are tricky areas. Don't get into that until you've made some sales and have some confidence in your abilities. Of course, there are exceptions, but they're fairly obvious. Names like "1234.com", "Shop247", "1Love.com", etc. are instant buys. There are chinese and german markets as well, which value numbers and hyphens, but IMO these are advanced areas and you really need to do some studying before you get involved with them. Stick to letters for now.

Oh ok I understand, what are some of the popular blogs and sites I should be taking a closer look at to better understand the industry?

thank you for the help btw really appreciate it

•••
Oh ok I understand, what are some of the popular blogs and sites I should be taking a closer look at to better understand the industry?

thank you for the help btw really appreciate it

No worries.

I don't really follow too many blogs, so maybe someone else can answer this one. You can also have a look at the "News" link up at the top.

•••
Welcome to NP!

Namepros is a great resource for industry info. If you are wanting to specifically invest in a specific niche, such as cannabis, subscribe to sites like ganjapreneur.com.
Namebio.com and dnpric.es are also two great resources to check out before making domain purchases- these sites let you look at previous domain sales so you can check to see if you are using popular keywords. Also, you can get an idea of the price names sell for based upon the length, extension, keywords, hyphens, etc...
Something to consider is that marijuana domains have been very poputlar for about 5 years so it is very difficult to find valuable registrations that are still available- because of this consider looking for what are called "aftermarket" names. These are names that have already been purchased and often have more value than "hand registrations," which is when you register a name yourself that has not yet been purchased. Look at the expiring auctions for "marijuana" or "cannabis" at godaddy, for instance:
https://auctions.godaddy.com/
you will find absolutely terrible names like- marijuanapaymentprocessingreviews.net, and then decent names like MarijuanaMadison.com (This is not a great name by any means, but it is decent, it's 3 yrs old not 3 minutes old, and could possibly make you some money...Madison is a very liberal city in Wisconsin) I would not bid on this name, personally, but hopefully you can get an idea what is selling and what is not selling based upon these auctions. A name that is probably worth $5+reg fee is CannabisDetroit.com which is available- I sold cannabiscolorado a few years back for mid xxx.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
vrstorming.com
arstorming.com
mrstorming.com

get those

•••
Well Done! you just completed the easiest part.

•••
Hello domainman92,

Welcome aboard.

Happy domaining!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back