NameSilo

news Kain Automotive changed KainAutomotive.com into kain.auto

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Kain Automotive changed domain of official site these days, from KainAutomotive.com to Kain.Auto.
do you think Kain.Auto more brandable,memorable?
what do you think about this news?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Is this the proof that end users accept ngtlds?

•••
•••
•••
•••
But when end users move in the other direction (going back to .com), their move is usually less publicized. Ever wonder why :|

•••
Excellent move !!
from a LLLLLLLLLLLLLL.com to a LLLL.auto ... definitely more brand-able & memorable.
It's becoming harder for the naysayers to ignore that gtld's are here to stay.

But when end users move in the other direction (going back to .com), their move is usually less publicized. Ever wonder why :|

Likely because no anti-gtld blogger has been "sponsored" yet to inform the plebs on this subject.

•••
•••
Very dumb )
1. They still have on the logo "Kain Automative" not "Kain Auto"
2. They still use email "[email protected]"
3. They'll get a little benefit of PR stunt with untargeted traffic, but will lose targeted one from the search engines if the previous domain had any backlinks, PR etc.
4. They don't own KainAuto.com so they'll be bleeding traffic (sorry, they don't have any traffic, so nothing to bleed).
5. Who is Kain Automative and why is it important? ))

Can you imagine that it would make into news that a marketing company with a website that does not even get Alexa Rank (which should mean fewer than 2-3 people a day) switched from .net to .com?

I am sure people assumed that it is an auto dealer or some big auto parts maker, right? You can always put a spin on any news...

•••
Never heard of 'em.

Last edited:
•••
3. They'll get a little benefit of PR stunt with untargeted traffic, but will lose targeted one from the search engines if the previous domain had any backlinks, PR etc.
did you hear about 301 redirect ?

I wonder why most of the NPers hate new gTLDs? :|

•••
I don't hate them. I don't care about them. Personally, for me they are good as they are helping not to overheat .com, .org, cctlds too much. Of course, when the expected collapse does happen, they'll have some drag on com as well, but market will adjust back quick.

•••
I don't hate them. I don't care about them. Personally, for me they are good as they are helping not to overheat .com, .org, cctlds too much. Of course, when the expected collapse does happen, they'll have some drag on com as well, but market will adjust back quick.
No idea what you're trying to say here...
"the expected collapse" Please enlighten me

•••
you can read it as "collapse expected by some"...

•••
Still don't get what's expected to collapse ?

...but anyway did you end up figuring out what a 301 redirect is ?

•••
They should've asked Overstock how the o.co thing worked out...

•••
•••
yes, that explains it with o.co
the cctld thing must be it ))

•••
So one extension is limited to cars while the other represents a country or "company" as most see it. Now tell me how .auto is a better choice?

•••
So one extension is limited to cars while the other represents a country or "company" as most see it. Now tell me how .auto is a better choice?
Ask Overstock how the o.co thing worked out for them :laugh:

•••
Very dumb )

4. They don't own KainAuto.com so they'll be bleeding traffic (sorry, they don't have any traffic, so nothing to bleed).
I concur, by not owning this .com, their decision is questionable ...

Plus your other points make sense.

KainAuto.com would be my choice of the three if it was my company.

•••
•••
So one extension is limited to cars while the other represents a country or "company" as most see it.
ProCompany.com (14 characters)
or
Pro.company ? (11 characters)
pro.company is my favorite )

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back