Domain Empire

Legal Issue?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Right,

I have just finished making my company logo.

The logo uses the MS Character 'Merlin' with an image over his face as well as the company name over the top.

I was wondering if their would be any legal issues with this?

Or would I have to change the positions of the moons/stars and the colour of them to help avoid any recognition.

Cheers! :|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There would be definately "legal issue potential" by using artwork created by another company, even if you did make minor changes. It would have to be unrecognizable.

•••
hmm... Do you think if I email microsoft they might let me use it? lol

•••
Originally posted by hilljd00
hmm... Do you think if I email microsoft they might let me use it? lol

Ummm.... no. :cy:

But there's a chance they would never notice your use of it. Proceed at your own risk.

•••
ah crap. lol

hmm. What would you recommend I do? Either change some more things so its not reconisable or to get a new pic of a wizard?

•••
Whichever is easier for you.

Here's a royalty free wizard I found on Getty images.

•••
Can you try and find a good cartoony one. :)

•••
That's all I saw where I checked. Try searching some of the popular clip art sites.

•••
•••
•••
Is that for membership? or usage?

•••
Originally posted by hilljd00
Is that for membership? or usage?

I believe it's for a one-week subscription ... thus unlimited usage for this specific time period, IMHO. I have not used them, personally ... but I'm sure I've seen mention of them somewhere in my travels as the "link" came to mind immediately. I would recommend you direct any specific inquiries to the site before commiting to the fee.
Hope it helps, Hill. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back