Domain Empire

Legal Issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can anybody give me sources to find out more about legal issues surrounding domain names...such as registering someone's name, business, etc.
I've heard of something called domain squatting but that's about it. I would appreciate any information.
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Trademark (TM) issues and definitions can also be found at:

www.uspto.gov

We're also discussing the potential of adding a "Legal Issues" forum here at #1 Namepros for the benefit of the membership. As you could imagine, there are many logistical issues in initiating such a valuable offering ... and we thank you for your patience. I will keep you posted. :)

•••
•••
Also you can go to the source and read the domain dispute policy,

http://www.icann.org/udrp/

There's also a database of all past domain disputes. The decisions are public information after they're made.

•••
Thanks all! Appreciate it!

•••
Originally posted by bethytk
Thanks all! Appreciate it!

You're welcome, bethytk! :)

:gl:

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
We're also discussing the potential of adding a "Legal Issues" forum here at #1 Namepros for the benefit of the membership. As you could imagine, there are many logistical issues in initiating such a valuable offering ... and we thank you for your patience. I will keep you posted. :)

You are now updated with the "Legal Issues" Forum ... which we will be expanding in the near future, as well. :talk:
All the best!
B-)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
You are now updated with the "Legal Issues" Forum ... which we will be expanding in the near future, as well. :talk:
All the best!
B-)

What an excellent idea and a welcome addition to Namepros - best of luck with the new forum guys

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back