NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

I live in London, UK. I recently got into dropcatching and backordering expiring names. I have registered accounts with Namejet, Snapnames, DropCatch, Pheenix and Pool.

I have found that Namejet seems to have the most names. The problem I have is that most backorder deadlines expire around 4am in the morning UK time.

This is a real problem as I have to be at work 9am so it is not realistic to be up most nights at 4am trying to get a backordered domain name.

It is a real issue when you want a domain that has 0 bids. Normally the strategy should be to wait until the last 15 mins or so and then put your bid in - hopefully you may be the only winner then and just pay $69.

The problem is if you have to out your bid in early as you need to go to bed then you may attract other bidders as there will be several hours left until close.

I would love to know if anyone has any tips on how to deal with this problem?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should allocate your time accordingly.

Normally i sleep around 7 PM & woke up in 11PM to backorder / hand reg domains @ 12AM - 1 AM (in my zone). i don't catch / reg domains daily,so i could manage my time easily.

Go to bed early and set your alarm 30 mins before. complete in max of 1.30 hours, then go to bed & continue little snap..

:)

•••
You should allocate your time accordingly.

Normally i sleep around 7 PM & woke up in 11PM to backorder / hand reg domains @ 12AM - 1 AM (in my zone). i don't catch / reg domains daily,so i could manage my time easily.

Go to bed early and set your alarm 30 mins before. complete in max of 1.30 hours, then go to bed & continue little snap..

:)
Hi ramku, thanks for your reply on dropcatching end times. I appreciate your reply but your time zone is much more user friendly - if I could place bids on Namejet around midnight and then go to bed that would be fine.

However, I am talking about 3 - 4 AM which is a different prospect to midnight especially if I have to be up at work at 6.30AM.

I understand that the easy reply is just to say wake up and place the backorder on Namejet, Snapnames, Pheenix etc and then go to bed but this is not practical.

I am asking for more creative solutions - maybe proxy bidding or some sort of automated bidding tool or software application that can place the backorder bid me on Namejet and hopefull I win the catch. Do you know of anything like this?

Thanks.

•••
I think IST (India) time zone is not good at all to drop catch.

Its midnight when the drop happens.

•••
I think IST (India) time zone is not good at all to drop catch.

Its midnight when the drop happens.
Hi yogi, thanks for the reply. It is still better in India if it is midnight - here in the UK the Namejet backorders cut off at 3 - 4 AM. This makes it very hard to drop catch manually.

•••
•••
[QUOTE="yogiDomain, post: 4829576, member: 954444"
check this thread. UK times are much early than what you think.[/QUOTE]

Hi yogi, thanks but please note that I am not talking here about the DROP times for expired domains (ie domains available for hand reg).

I am talking about cutoff times for BACKORDERING pre release domain names on Namejet which is around 3 / 4 AM UK time. This is a very different process to expired domains.

•••
check this thread. UK times are much early than what you think.

Hi yogi, thanks but please note that I am not talking here about the DROP times for expired domains (ie domains available for hand reg).

I am talking about cutoff times for BACKORDERING pre release domain names on Namejet which is around 3 / 4 AM UK time. This is a very different process to expired domains.
backorder cutoff time is generally 2 hours before drop.

•••
backorder cutoff time is generally 2 hours before drop.
No yogi, this is wrong - I am talking about pre-release domains on Namejet here. If you place a bid they either go to you or to auction if others bid.

If no one bids on a pre-release domain it goes into a 5 day oending delete period, it does not drop.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back