Dynadot

Maptags - A new concept

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be an awful lot of talk about at the moment relating to Maptags so I thought I'd find out more about the idea.
Founder Krishna Yogi seems to have come up with a clever and novel idea.
Using Mapta.gs you can explore a world map and tag places, landmarks, dictionary words and ...well everything else. It can be a little like playing world monopoly and can satisfy any need to dominate the world :)
Tags are set as premium, special and free - so if you find a name which is long enough you'll get the domain (or tag) for free...forever.
The beauty of this idea is that the domains are contained within the world map - they aren't out in the deep blue yonder as stand alone - however loosely - they are connected.
The ideas are almost limitless and if, for example you own a deli in New York - Mapta.gs/NewYorkDeli tagged on the map to your store might be attractive. Then of course there's bakers, plumbers, etc....you get the idea.
I found the site fun and quite addictive. I'm hoping some of the names I grabbed will become of value in time and I've seen that quite a few sales have happened already.
Well over 20,000 tags were taken upon launch and more and more people are joining daily. That being said there are still some premium names out there.
There is a listing and selling site at Maptagger.net which has already been set up.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back