Domain Empire

Men.com sells for 1.3 million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Seven figure domain sales are always great boosts for the domain name industry!

This sale was bound to happen. Great domain no doubt.

•••
Men.Com.....

Hmmm....I can see why. :)

•••
Wonder what Women.com would be worth if put up for sale?

ST

•••
Great name, good to see high profile domains fetching 6 figures.
There's still hope for my ones, lol.

•••
•••
Originally posted by NameTower
its 7 figures :)

Inflation!

Was too late to edit, typo.

•••
nice for the domain market

•••
I got the message. Darn 1 typo and it's still comming back to bite me in the soft parts. LOL.

Was too late to edit, typo. [/B][/QUOTE]

•••
By the way, they are depositing like a quarter million at a time into the escrow, its not completely paid for yet and not anticipated until late this year (I think I read).

Technically this is not a completed sale (yet) !

•••
•••
Originally posted by g0ldy
what?

It's not a done deal in my book until they come up with all the payments:

The terms for the pure cash transaction require the buyer to make six monthly payments of $220,000 each, the first of which was received Dec. 19. Title to the domain (currently being held in escrow) will be turned over when the final payment is received on May 19, 2004.

•••
oh so payment not paid in full yet :). I think it is a done deal because if the buyer stops paying the seller can get the domain back and keep the money he already got?

•••
Yes, technically I believe the buyer can walk away, the money gets returned to the buyer and Rick keeps the domain name.

Only the escrow service would win as they keep the fees no matter what.

I am sure we will see another round of free publicity in May no matter what happens ;)

•••
The sale was also mentioned in a CNN article. It went on to mention an upswing in domain name reselling ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back