IT.COM

discuss $7.1 Million Candy.com Bonus 14 Years After the Sale!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Rick's Blog

"Then last Monday I get a call from Greg and Joe. They were absolutely giddy. They could hardly contain themselves. The company that was Candy.com turned to GreenRabbit.com has been sold and I should expect about $6 million. They wanted to tell me for 2 months but had to remain mum. It was driving them crazy. I changed their lives and they changed my life.

Then on this past Friday they said final numbers worked out to $6.8 Million. An hour later I get another email. btw, there is also some dollars held in escrow for 90 days. When that is released, your number will be $7.1 Million.

So the full value I received from the sale of Candy.com is in excess of $11 Million!! This is my model sale and I have repeated it now several times with other domains and hopefully some future windfalls."

Congrats to Rick Schwartz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMHO, this news sounds total bs. I am not even in any mood to accept such news.

•••
So Candy.com is now a website selling NFTs. Interesting that a multi-million dollar domain acquisition ends up creating things like Undertaker NFTs (200@ $75 each so $15kUSD minus probably 15k USD for the freebies and Mark's cut).

And GreenRabbit.com is not a candy company either but a business that ships cold stuff.

So what was actually sold where Rick ended up getting 7.1 million? The Candy.com domain or the sale of Green Rabbit to a new owner? I seem to remember reading he took equity as partial payment for the original domain.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back