NameSilo

information Mike Mann is about to move his 300,000 domain names from Tucows to GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
mike-mann-300x150.jpg
Mike Mann said on Twitter that he is about to move his 300,000 domain names from Tucows to GoDaddy.
I would never do a registrar move based in pricing alone but it is certainly a factor. Security, control panel features, free privacy and pricing is a good start when choosing a registrar...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's weird. Doesn't Godaddy charge $8 for domain privacy? While many other places offer it for free, such as NameSilo.

•••
•••
I deserve much better service.

•••
They're like the FBI; the execs are issues-laden but the rank and file are great

•••
woww...Is this the real Mike mann on forums?

•••
Welcome back. :)

If he is selling to end users, then moving to an end user registrar like GoDaddy could be a good move,

•••
@Mike Mann is there a reason why you don't run your own registrar ? You used to, in the days of Buydomains right ?

•••
•••
Maybe he has cashed in some Bitcoin, and he has bought GoDaddy. :)

•••
A counterproductive move. Domainers who want better service, control panel functionality and security transfer their away from GoDaddy, not to them.

•••
Be sure to add another way to login, if you use Two-factor login. I recently uninstalled my authentications apps from my phone & waited for 2 days to login my GoDaddy account back even after sending them all my documents.

•••
Be sure to add another way to login, if you use Two-factor login. I recently uninstalled my authentications apps from my phone & waited for 2 days to login my GoDaddy account back even after sending them all my documents.

Likewise. I added two-step auth to my GD account and now I'm all these issues logging in. All of the codes there sending me are wrong. GD doesn't know what the problem is.

If only Namecheap was partners with Sedo & Afternic.....

•••
Hey Mike,

Congrats on your sales. I've been with Godaddy for over a decade and they are the best when it comes to domain registrations.

My question is: How many times do you have to say "No" to sell a domain at a high price like 100k or more?

•••
I deserve much better service.

We all do. You must have negotiated a great deal. Because I definitely would not call GoDaddy's service the best in the world, based upon my own experience, and the many problems we read about on these forums. But understand you probably have enough weight to negotiate a special deal. I hope it works out for you.

•••
We all do. You must have negotiated a great deal. Because I definitely would not call GoDaddy's service the best in the world, based upon my own experience, and the many problems we read about on these forums. But understand you probably have enough weight to negotiate a special deal. I hope it works out for you.

I think Godaddy's service has improved in the last 18 months. Also, if you have 300,000 domains, you get an account manager that makes you a priority.

•••
I think Godaddy's service has improved in the last 18 months. Also, if you have 300,000 domains, you get an account manager that makes you a priority.

You can get a GoDaddy Account Manager with only 300 domains. The best thing about an account manager from the POV of the domain owner, is you can get eMail support. The best thing from GoDaddy's POV, is they have somebody to ensure you toe the line with their myriad of rules/ToS. GoDaddy's ToS is about the worst I've ever encountered.

•••
Likewise. I added two-step auth to my GD account and now I'm all these issues logging in. All of the codes there sending me are wrong. GD doesn't know what the problem is.

If only Namecheap was partners with Sedo & Afternic.....

I thought GoDaddy severed their Sedo partnership in favor of Afternic (which they own) several years ago.

•••
I don't mind GoDaddy, but I prefer NameSilo. Selling names with them is so easy. Decent renewal prices too.

•••
They're like the FBI; the execs are issues-laden but the rank and file are great

wow mike mann is in the NP forum.
how can you sell domains at high prices.
I often see your sales news on domaining.com

•••
There are more options with Godaddy Auctions so i think this is the angle perhaps to resell shown across many sites would be the deal.

•••
Godaddy is a ripoff, ive moved most of domains away from there. Personally id go with a cheaper registrar

•••
Godaddy is OK to me but I'd better move to Namesilo

•••
i am not sure of the relationship between Afternic and Godaddy but i do know your going to get exposure on more than one site with a Godaddy auction.

•••
I'm not buying his reasoning.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back