status-resolved Moderation on this forum has beed dreadful

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAAS

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
Long timers can do and say what they wish including bullying members. Mods ignore them

Mods then delete any new forum members who call them out.

This forum needs professionalism or is that too much to ask?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Here's a reply we made in a similar thread, which seems to apply to your topic as well:
Hello,

At the end of the day, every moderator's job is to enforce the rules equally, for all members, without playing any favorites, regardless of a member's status.

Generally, moderators don't go hunting down rule violations and have daily tasks that keep them busy most the day. Moderators rely on members (like yourself) to report rule violations and will then investigate and take further action (when applicable). Not all reports result in actions being taken if a rule wasn't violated or the thread topic fit best where it was.

It sounds like the threads and posts you are referring to were reported by one or more concerned members and that a moderator found there to either be a rule violation or that the thread itself fit better in another section based on the topic or promotional nature (Unauthorized advertising).

Keep in mind, there is sometimes a fine line between opinionated and overly strong engagement. Once the line is crossed into antagonism, harassment, name calling, etc... it then violates a rule and a moderator is tasked with taking action(s).

All members are expected to follow rule 1.2. Be professional, tactful, and constructive at all times, including with your username and profile picture. Do not intentionally disrespect, harass, threaten, attack, instigate, insult, antagonize, or be aggressive toward others.

Each case is different. Without knowing the specific thread(s) you are referring to; it would be impossible to determine why a moderator took action to move them or remove a post within them.

We hope that information helps.
Source

It's likely that moderators are not ignoring posts, as mentioned in the quote above, moderators don't go hunting down rule violations and have daily tasks that keep them busy most the day. Moderators rely on members (like yourself) to report rule violations and will then investigate and take further action (when applicable). Not all reports result in actions being taken if a rule wasn't violated or the thread topic fit best where it was.

Please use the report feature on posts that you feel violate a rule so that a moderator can investigate and get more involved (When applicable).

•••
I am sure Abdul's initial has been reported. I know at least 3 have reported it but yet it remains but Alfa mod is going through the rest deleting anyone daring to criticise Abdul.

Of course the mods are transparent and treating all equally??

I am also troubled you don’t know what thread I am talking about when it has the largest number of posts in this forum currently.

Last edited:
•••
I am sure Abdul's initial has been reported. I know at least 3 have reported it but yet it remains
Please read the following help guide regarding your request:
I am also troubled you don’t know what thread I am talking about when it has the largest number of posts in this forum currently.
There are a lot of active threads on NamePros, many of which have a lot more posts/activity than the one you just referred to by a specific member.
but Alfa mod is going through the rest deleting anyone daring to criticise Abdul.
If a members comment is professional, tactful, and constructive, it would likely not have been removed by a moderator.

Keep in mind, there is sometimes a fine line between opinionated and overly strong engagement. Once the line is crossed into antagonism, harassment, name calling, etc... it then violates a rule and a moderator is tasked with taking action(s).

All members are expected to follow rule 1.2. Be professional, tactful, and constructive at all times, including with your username and profile picture. Do not intentionally disrespect, harass, threaten, attack, instigate, insult, antagonize, or be aggressive toward others.

It's likely that moderators are not ignoring posts, as mentioned previously, moderators don't go hunting down rule violations and have daily tasks that keep them busy most the day. Moderators rely on members (like yourself) to report rule violations and will then investigate and take further action (when applicable). Not all reports result in actions being taken if a rule wasn't violated or the thread topic fit best where it was.

Please keep the following terms of use in mind that all users agree to when signing up to NamePros:
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to take full responsibility for all Content you submit to the Service. You agree to assume any losses and/or liabilities that result from your Content.
You understand that we are not a publisher of Content on our forums. We do not moderate most Content.
You agree not to hold us liable for any loss that may result from the use of the Service.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
Source: Terms Of Service

Please contact the user responsible for publishing the content.

Please use the report feature on posts that you feel violate a rule so that a moderator can investigate and get more involved (When applicable).

•••
How is complaining that someone did not sell them a domain and openly doxxing them and calling them greedy professional?

I am confused about the English being used.

You can send me all the rules you want but if you do not understand them then it is useless.

•••
•••
I am not just talking about the titles I am talking about the entire post - apparently you don’t feel that is inappropriate and antagonistic? Despite it fitting the definition completely

•••
I am not just talking about the titles I am talking about the entire post - apparently you don’t feel that is inappropriate and antagonistic? Despite it fitting the definition completely
The first post of a thread, which is part of the thread itself, cannot be deleted by moderators. Replies can be deleted by moderators. That's one difference.

Management must get involved to delete a thread, and that is not going to happen 99% or more of the time.

In this case, we're not even going to report it to management because the thread serves as a valuable learning experience for everyone, including the OP. With the person's name removed from the title, it's not a violation of the rules to share experiences about other members.

Long timers can do and say what they wish including bullying members. Mods ignore them
That's not the case, but it can appear that way for various reasons. For example, established members have a better understanding of the rules and how to stay within them when posting their strong opinions. They also know the rules well enough to report posts by new members that violate the rules, and then those posts get deleted for violating the rules.

All systems are imperfect, but we do our best.

•••
ok so as long as I create the first post it can be as antagonistic as i like - gotcha

•••
Will leave this here for users to protect themselves against other users and apparently the mods

https://www.freedomforum.org/is-dox...xing someone,legitimate concern to the public.

"This means that doxing someone with the intent to make someone fear for their safety or to incite others to cause them harm can be illegal.

Furthermore, the First Amendment does not protect people from being sued for:

• Publishing highly personal information about someone that's not of legitimate concern to the public.
  • Extreme and outrageous speech that is intended to cause, and actually does cause, severe emotional distress."

•••
The first post of a thread, which is part of the thread itself, cannot be deleted by moderators. Replies can be deleted by moderators. That's one difference.

Management must get involved to delete a thread, and that is not going to happen 99% or more of the time.
What must I do for management to get involved? The bond is heavy[COMMUNITY] and I mean no disrespect but even the posts on X are trash

•••
ok so as long as I create the first post it can be as antagonistic as i like - gotcha
The first post doesn’t exempt anyone from the rules. If you violate the rules, your account will still receive a warning and possibly a restriction or ban, depending on the current and historical offenses.

Furthermore, the first post may be edited by moderators to remove the rule violation. The thread may also be closed.

None of those things cause a thread to be deleted, which would also delete all replies in the thread.

That’s the key difference.

•••
"This means that doxing someone with the intent to make someone fear for their safety or to incite others to cause them harm can be illegal.

Furthermore, the First Amendment does not protect people from being sued for:

• Publishing highly personal information about someone that's not of legitimate concern to the public.
  • Extreme and outrageous speech that is intended to cause, and actually does cause, severe emotional distress."
This is a helpful reminder; thank you for sharing it.

To be clear, what you described is not allowed on NamePros. And let’s also be clear that that did not happen here; using someone’s name to uniquely refer to them is the reason we have names, and using it for that purpose alone is not malicious.

Nonetheless, we removed both of their names from the titles and tags of those threads several days ago because they were unnecessary and could cause unintentional distress.

Generally, creating a “beware” thread is solely intended to protect the community and its members.

There are exceptions, but rarely.

•••
•••
The first post doesn’t exempt anyone from the rules. If you violate the rules, your account will still receive a warning and possibly a restriction or ban, depending on the current and historical offenses.

Furthermore, the first post may be edited by moderators to remove the rule violation. The thread may also be closed.

None of those things cause a thread to be deleted, which would also delete all replies in the thread.

That’s the key difference.
So you can edit the first post!

•••
This is a helpful reminder; thank you for sharing it.

To be clear, what you described is not allowed on NamePros. And let’s also be clear that that did not happen here; using someone’s name to uniquely refer to them is the reason we have names, and using it for that purpose alone is not malicious.

Nonetheless, we removed both of their names from the titles and tags of those threads several days ago because they were unnecessary and could cause unintentional distress.

Generally, creating a “beware” thread is solely intended to protect the community and its members.

There are exceptions, but rarely.
Of course it is.
There was no scam.
A beware thread could have referenced the previous thread and many other ways than referencing him by name to ensure SEO google rankings.

You really are hellbent on protecting Abdul at all costs?
Wonder what he has done to deserve all this protection?

If that was my name was in there you would have received a legal letter already with subsequent proceedings.

•••
What must I do for management to get involved? The bond is heavy[COMMUNITY] and I mean no disrespect but even the posts on X are trash
Get the forum sued and even then I suspect they will just love the publicity.

•••
A beware thread could have referenced the previous thread and many other ways than referencing him by name to ensure SEO google rankings.
That's your opinion. The OP had a different opinion.

You really are hellbent on protecting Abdul at all costs?
We're not protecting him. In fact, by not deleting the thread, you could argue that we're doing the opposite of protecting him.

Did you also see the thread created about him? Neither thread has been deleted: the one created by him or the one created about him.

There's no preferential treatment here.

If that was my name was in there you would have received a legal letter already with subsequent proceedings.
The law around this is very clear; NamePros is not responsible for what others post. You wouldn't be the first, and you wouldn't be the last.

Threats are counterproductive.

many other ways than referencing him by name to ensure SEO google rankings.
What are you still upset about, anyway?

His name was removed from the thread several days ago. Eventually, Google will update their index to reflect that, and that process would not be expedited by the thread being deleted.

As far as we're concerned, this matter is resolved.

What else would you like to see done?

•••
The law around this is very clear; NamePros is not responsible for what others post.

Oh dear!
You really should get a lawyer to check your statements before you make legal statements like that

•••
What would I like seen done?
Removal of Matthew's name from the original post immediately

That is the only ethical and moral thing to do.

•••
You really should get a lawyer to check your statements before you make legal statements like that
We have. You're new here, but the legal threats that NamePros faces have been the same for 20+ years. As we said, threats are counterproductive and a waste of time. Let's have a productive discussion instead.

Removal of Matthew's name from the original post immediately

That is the only ethical and moral thing to do.
His name does not appear in the original post except as part of a link to his NamePros profile because that's his chosen username. He can choose to change it for free if he wants.

More importantly, how would you like someone to refer to another person if not by their username or their actual name?

Your request also serves no purpose because his username-in-a-link has no impact on Google search results for his name.

It's unclear what you're trying to achieve.

•••
We have. You're new here, but the legal threats that NamePros faces have been the same for 20+ years. As we said, threats are counterproductive and a waste of time. Let's a productive conversation instead.

Maybe chat to a lawyer and ask what would happen if someone or many on the forum warned you to remove it but you refused and a member of the forum told you it may be legally indefensible if this is not removed.

Even if you deleted said member's post warning you.

I would love to know the response.

•••
We have. You're new here, but the legal threats that NamePros faces have been the same for 20+ years. As we said, threats are counterproductive and a waste of time. Let's have a productive discussion instead.

His name does not appear in the original post except as part of a link to his NamePros profile because that's his chosen username. He can choose to change it for free if he wants.

More importantly, how would you like someone to refer to another person if not by their username or their actual name?

Your request also serves no purpose because his username in a link has no impact on Google search results for his name.

It's unclear what you're trying to achieve.
He did change his name here, @pugdogdomains now

•••
Apparently this is a forum so I am not sure I have to achieve anything

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back