Domain Empire

UDRP More UDRP Cases at WIPO in 2016 Than 2015

Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
There is still well over a month remaining in 2016, and it looks like there are more UDRP filings this year at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) than there were last year for gTLD domain names (which includes .com, .net, .org, and the new extensions). WIPO is not the only UDRP provider, but I believe it is the largest provider.
In my opinion (as someone who observes the UDRP filings), the biggest increase in UDRP filings has come from the new gTLD domain names, especially extensions that are very inexpensive to buy. Every day it seems like there are new UDRP filings for domain names with the new extensions. I am still surprised that companies are willing to spend their fees on UDRP filings and lawyers but didn’t secure these domain names beforehand. I suppose it has been a learning process for all involved...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back