IT.COM

information Most end user buyers have no clue what an “aftermarket domain” is

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
If I could have a dollar for every email I sent, educating prospective buyers about aftermarket domains, I’d be at least one thousand bucks richer.
The fact is, end user buyers – as opposed to domain investors – are for the most part unfamiliar with the value and pricing of domain names.
With that in mind, educating an end-user buyer about your assets can significantly increase your ability to sell domains to them...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I could have a dollar for every email I sent, educating prospective buyers about aftermarket domains, I’d be at least one thousand bucks richer.... but still with no sales

With that in mind, educating an end-user buyer about your assets can significantly increase your ability to sell domains to them.... but still no sales

•••
Educating end-users while you are trying to sell them a name is virtually impossible. As a general rule, sales occur when the end-user has at least a decent idea of how things work.

Now, to be clear, there are shades of education and understanding. You can help an already interested end-user to better appreciate the value of a particular name, but that is different than taking and end-user from no clue and low interest to a good understanding of the market.

Last edited:
•••
Many end-users don't even know what a "domainer" is. I've always felt it's best to keep domaining and end-users on separate sides. End-users are usually interested in getting good deals. While some care about resale value, most don't really care about "potential" or future value.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back