Dynadot

domains Mother of all Trademark Violations Ever..!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stumbled upon the Undeveloped Profile page of a domainer I do not know. I was so amused by the domains listed by them that I could not hold myself from sharing here for a good laugh. :yuck::xf.laugh:

I am aware of the fact that many of us might have bought a trademarked domain unknowingly in the past. But the collection of trademarked domains by this particular domainer beats us all. :-P

The trademarks include big names from different fields. Eg: Sony, Nokia, Ferrari, Hyundai, etc.:xf.eek:

Here's the link: https://undeveloped.com/domain-seller/atome-technology-sarl?order=relevance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Got some good TM names..but they forgot microsoft and google.

Last edited:
•••
UDRPKing.com is available for them to register as well!

•••
•••
Trademark domains may be sold with extremely high price, who knows. Look at Mike Mann. He is a master in selling trademark domains, often sell them with 5-6 figures

•••
Trademark domains may be sold with extremely high price, who knows. Look at Mike Mann. He is a master in selling trademark domains, often sell them with 5-6 figures

And it looks like undeveloped is not opposed to profiting from them either :xf.eek:

•••
I didn't even know there was a .africa

•••
Interesting find. It sure is the Mother of all Trademark Violations. Maybe McDonalds will want to buy mcdonalds.africa at the bargain price of only $100,000.

•••
Interesting find. It sure is the Mother of all Trademark Violations. Maybe McDonalds will want to buy mcdonalds.africa at the bargain price of only $100,000.
mcdonalds is a generic last name so technically if he doesn't offer to sell it directly to mcdonalds its not tm infringement, but who would want to play games with such deep pockets? Who know maybe mcdonalds will buy it just to protect their brand? Not for that much obviously, A few thousand anyway?

•••
mcdonalds is a generic last name so technically if he doesn't offer to sell it directly to mcdonalds its not tm infringement, but who would want to play games with such deep pockets? Who know maybe mcdonalds will buy it just to protect their brand? Not for that much obviously, A few thousand anyway?

Agree if he offers it as a persons name and not direct to McDonalds and no competing ads if parked.

•••
First time seeing such blatant violations, so many big companies, including heineken, windows, techcrunch, canon, adobe, huawei

scary stuff

•••
Might as well register sueme.please.

•••
Funny and sad at the same time. I don't understand why so many stay this "ignorant".

Isn't it obvious that a big company have the right to their own brand (including domains, logotypes, slogans and so on).

•••
Perhaps the interesting question is with such blatant violations, why have no UDRP yet been launched against them, or maybe it is just a matter of time. I see that just on Undeveloped since end of January.

•••
Perhaps the interesting question is with such blatant violations, why have no UDRP yet been launched against them, or maybe it is just a matter of time. I see that just on Undeveloped since end of January.

Depending on which company. Depending if the old trademark lawyer retires or gets fired or quits his or her workload geta forgotten.

The new guy will start work on newly registered domains.

And new guy will "get around to it" on the old files from their predecessor.

"Eventually"

I sh*t you not.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back