Dynadot

Moving on to another domain parking program?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Switching between domain parking programs?

Hi guys.
I would like to know if anyone of you have any experience with moving your domains from one parking service to another because of ones dropping in earnings?
We all know that earnings drop over time, but if one move all his domains to another parking service will the earnings start from scratch?
Let me try to explain:
I used to earn between USD 150 a day and now it has dropped to USD 20 a day. I have 150 domains parked. But if I move to another domain parking service will I then earn like USD 150 again? Or is it impossible to say?
I can see that the number of clicks on the domains every day is almost the same (+/- 10 %) when I earned USD 150 compared with today when the earnings are USD 20.
Btw. I am thinking of developing sites and place adsense instead. But then another question pops up.
What will happen to my earnings if i place adsense using my domains which I used to park and where the earnings have dropped?
I mean what determines ones earnings? I seriously cant figure it out :)
Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
odds of you going back to 150 just by moving your names to a different parking company is remote. The way to look at it is "will this new parking company make me more than i am making now ($20)" Its common to move them around so give it a try. Where you making 150 a day on a few hot names, or were they spread out over your portfoilo? You might see better results if its just a few hot names.

•••
Thanks for your reply johname.
The 150 was spread out over my entire portfolio.
Anyway I will give it a try moving on to another parking service.

•••
Need to try names with multiple parking companies and optimize between them. The PPC industry has had a sharp decline over the last 4 years which is likely the main cause of falls.

•••
I would start with Sedo & NameDrive at a month each as they take everyone and both use a google feed. After a month print your stats sheet alphabetically and throw each name where it produced the most revenue for the month and ignore cost per click as all that matters is total revenue per month as 100 .05 clicks is better than 5 .10 clicks etc... I'm suggesting those 2 just because I don't know what type of domains you own. If you own good domains then you could also throw other google feeds Fabulous, Domain Sponsor and other Yahoo feeds TrafficZ, SmartName etc... into your rotation. If optimizing all your domains across 6+ parking companies like I have done is too much work for you then just pull your top 10-20 earners and rotate those around to see which company works best for you. Maximum earnings per domain is the way to go as then less comes out of your pocket for renewals so you can be patient on domain sales and achieve maximum ROI but it takes a bit of testing different parking companies and sometimes light development, full development etc... to achieve that.

Last edited:
•••
Might wanna try Noomle; its very effective. I currently have 4 active names there and they are all doing extremely well. Check out the Noomle Forum for quick intro and how-tos.

Btw. I am thinking of developing sites and place adsense instead.

Noomle allows you to do just that. You control the content, you ads (AdSense, Chitika, Amazon, eBay, etc) and you keep 100% of your earning. Cant beat that.

•••
I am not sure how you manage the DNS of your domains, but I will suggest that you use DNS servers that support the use of templates. This way you can move an entire portfolio of domains or just a few to another parking service in a few minutes. This is way more effective compared to manually switching DNS servers for each individual domain.

You can as well quickly test out domains on different parking services.

Overall it seems to be quite a nice portfolio you have if each domain on average made you $1/day.

•••
A dollar a day ain't that bad!

•••
I would take that ( $ 1. per day each ) in a heart beat...

Enterpryzman

•••
I would take that ( $ 1. per day each )

He was earning an average $1 per day per domain - now he's earning $.13 per domain per day. That's why he's asking for help.

If it was me I would definitely be trying different parking providers - you mention that your traffic hasn't changed, nothing has happened recently (like when the ASK feed was canceled years ago) that would explain that dramatic a drop in earnings. I would also ask your current account rep what the heck is going on. I'll bet you that when you dig into it you'll find your star names have been banned by their main feed and are on a secondary feed now. If your using a parking provider that's on a Yahoo feed try one with a Google feed or vice versa and compare each domain name's performance not just the total. (BTW if you find your earnings back at $4500 / month on one provider you should be asking for an improved revenue share)
Good Luck

•••
I suggest you try above.com. Their service is free and it automatically optimizes the revenue of your parked domains. I am using the servie and I am very pleased with the results.

•••
Thanks guys.
I Really appreciate your feedback - thumbs up!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back