NameSilo

MSN.com stop working for 4 ...

Spaceship
Watch
Yahoo! My Yahoo! Mail Make Yahoo! your home page
Sign In
New User?Sign Up
Finance Home - Help

HomeInvestingNews & CommentaryRetirement & PlanningBanking & CreditLoansTaxesSpecial EditionsColumnistsPersonal FinanceInvesting IdeasMarketsCompany FinancesProvidersGet QuotesSymbol LookupFinance Search

AP
Microsoft's MSN Search Restored
Thursday April 6, 4:45 pm ET
Microsoft Corp.'s MSN Search Engine Stops Working for About Four Hours; Service Restored

REDMOND, Wash. (AP) -- Microsoft Corp.'s MSN search engine stopped working for about four hours Thursday.
Microsoft spokesman Justin Osmer said in an e-mail that the company was still trying to determine what went wrong.

During the outage, which began about 8:30 a.m. and was being restored as of about 12:15 p.m., users who tried to find Web pages were told the service was unavailable and that, "Our team is working to restore service as quickly as possible."

Microsoft's MSN Search is the No. 3 search provider in the United States, according to Nielsen/NetRatings, behind market leaders Google Inc. and Yahoo Inc. Nielsen/NetRatings said MSN provided 10.7 percent of all U.S. search results in February, compared with 48.5 percent for Google and 22.5 percent for Yahoo.

courtesy of Yahoo,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who cares? Every site goes down at some point..

•••
Who cares? Google search is better! :)

and Microsoft sucks anyway!

•••
microdude431 said:
Use Blingo, powered by Google and you can win prizes! B-)

Yeah, I like that site...Never won anything from it though. I've had good luck with SearchChips.com though. I've won like three times

•••
I never use MSN for search anyways.

•••
me too
i never use msn although got a high rank in msn
i always had my site at the top of the list :)

•••
Micro$oft has a search engine? Who knew?

•••
AP
Microsoft's MSN Search Restored
Thursday April 6, 4:45 pm ET
Microsoft Corp.'s MSN Search Engine Stops Working for About Four Hours; Service Restored

REDMOND, Wash. (AP) -- Microsoft Corp.'s MSN search engine stopped working for about four hours Thursday.
Microsoft spokesman Justin Osmer said in an e-mail that the company was still trying to determine what went wrong.

During the outage, which began about 8:30 a.m. and was being restored as of about 12:15 p.m., users who tried to find Web pages were told the service was unavailable and that, "Our team is working to restore service as quickly as possible."

Microsoft's MSN Search is the No. 3 search provider in the United States, according to Nielsen/NetRatings, behind market leaders Google Inc. and Yahoo Inc. Nielsen/NetRatings said MSN provided 10.7 percent of all U.S. search results in February, compared with 48.5 percent for Google and 22.5 percent for Yahoo.

courtesy of Yahoo,[/QUOTE]

•••
Microsoft outweighs the number of Google employees severely. Yet, it takes them 4 hours to get their search engine back online? That is pathetic. Microsoft is good at many things but I guess google just beats them this time.

•••
i don't like MSN , i don't use it ... but let's face it ...

a little competition to Google is good

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back