NameSilo

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Levi_charlz

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The Metaverse is the next big thing with many of the Big Tech players already involved so thought it deserved a dedicated ‘MV’ thread.

Lots of keywords like Glasses, NFT’s etc are already taken but there are lots still available.

Just picked up ‘MVTokens’ in king

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
You can use this on Google search to get live sites using MV in their url
inurl:*mv.com

•••
So, the auction for the name avatar.mv has begun!

https://sedo.com/search/details/?language=us&aid=2315297

Starting price Euro 300.
Selling at this price, Sedo promises to return 200 euros to me, which is even less than the amount I invested. But at least we'll find out what .mv names are worth and how to sell them.

•••
•••
Recent "mv" pickups:

mv.solutions
mv.reviews
mv.consulting
mv.investments
mv.money

sportsbet.mv
metafi.mv
block.mv
smart.mv
free.mv

•••
To transfer the name avatar.mv to the buyer, I turned to 101domain for help, since this name was registered with them. Waiting for an answer. I also wrote about this problem in support of Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
•••
metaverse alone is great,

meta+keyword , again great
keyword+verse , again great

metaverse+keyword, too long i feel, just like
decentralised finanace+ keyword, instead, people use defi

defi + keyword , great again
nft / nifty + keyword great again,

but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, if you see value in your choice, sure why not, everything is great when it sells well.

Last edited:
•••
1638194232329.png

•••
There was some discussion in the other thread about the possibly preferred abbreviation of 'metaverse' - 'MV' vs 'MVRS'. The current usage trend can be evaluated by comparing the results for the following two searches for the latest, say, 24 hours:
"mv" metaverse -facebook
"mvrs" metaverse -facebook

There are multiple pages of 'MV' results (getting more each day per my short observation) , and "MVRS" is mostly used just in the stock market symbol connotation with almost no results being left after filtering the 'Facebook' symbol out (actually, zero result after performing the manual filtering of FB, META and other similar contexts).

So for me 'MV' looks like an obvious winner.

P.S. Replying to the mentioned above discussion here as the more relevant place.

Last edited:
•••
A Japanese game with 8 million users is launching a crypto metaverse.
https://cryptonews.net/en/news/nft/2826785/

Metaworld will feature two different tokens — MV and ROND. The game’s main currency, MV will be a Polygon-based utility token with a total supply of 2 billion used for purchases and staking. ROND, on the other hand, will be circulated in the in-game economy. However, it will have real-world value as users will be able to exchange the token on DEXs.

Metaworld’s MV token is set to be listed on Uniswap, Quickswap, and Pancakeswap at the end of December. Listings on other DEXs, such as Sushiswap and Curve is expected in Q1 2022.
Suppose that could be good news for my MVTokens in King.

•••
•••
•••
Posted this in the .xyz thread but -

Someone registered mv.xyz last night. I had it in my cart and then realized it is $3,000 a year for renewal. Hope they know that!

•••
If to speak about the chances for MV to take off, they are pretty decent per my opinion - as the whole Metaverse thing continues to thrive, all the adequate names being taken, and Metaverse being quite a long word as the part of a domain name, especially with another long word in combo, MV looks like a good option, yet with some limited application typical for a 'shortener'. I think it might work best mainly in the following patterns:
  • At the start of the word combo (MVBank.com, MVGroup.com, MVHoldings.com, MVService.com, MVFactory.com, MVRocket.com, MVProjects.com, etc.); also making a good pair with the suffix being a popular abbreviation or the shortest word form (MVTech.com, MVInvest.com, MVConsult.com, etc.).
  • At the end of the word combo with a very short and good prefix (TopMV.com, LiveMV.com, ArtMV.com); the longer prefixes looking not that cool, even when being the top words (BusinessMV.com, CreativeMV.com, UltimateMV.com) - they may be fine for sure but not that natural in my opinion.
I think three-worders are probably worthless in general (I know, I have a few ones :)).
Some random domain names were used as a sample.

That's my subjective opinion, I can be wrong, of course.

Last edited:
•••
I posted this on 31st July and still stick with it

Virtual-Reality = VR
Augmeted-Reality = AR
3-Dimensional = 3D
Meta-Verse = MV

Last edited:
•••
•••
What I learned about domaining, or naming in general, is that the shorter, the better.

So I keep on asking myself why some people have so damn long domain names...

Its understandable that something like metaverse - group sells high, as it is a keyword domain.

(like metaverse - hub, or - game, or - pay)

But many other metaverse - keyword.com domains make not so much sense in my perspective.

I got some meta -keyword.com though, which I think is better, cause shorter.

However, have a nice & healthy start into the new year 2022!
Early adopters will buy Metaverse+keyword domains like they did VirtualReality+keyword at the start ........then they will get dumped once MV kicks in!

Seen it all before

•••
For me personally, Met is the best short name for the metaverse. Easy to pronounce. Just my opinion!
Disagree here

sounds like Meth (Methamphetamine) to me

MetHouse
MetWorld
MetParty
MetFest

If you told me to attend any of these... I would be like Heck No! Not going there!

IMO

•••
For me personally, Met is the best short name for the metaverse. Easy to pronounce. Just my

Disagree here

sounds like Meth (Methamphetamine) to me

MetHouse
MetWorld
MetParty
MetFest

If you told me to attend any of these... I would be like Heck No! Not going there!

IMO
Lol......met......lol

•••
•••
Some users use MV abbreviation for MultiVerse also, it's new potential buyers for MV holders. MV becomes trendy :xf.wink:

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back