IT.COM

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Levi_charlz

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The Metaverse is the next big thing with many of the Big Tech players already involved so thought it deserved a dedicated ‘MV’ thread.

Lots of keywords like Glasses, NFT’s etc are already taken but there are lots still available.

Just picked up ‘MVTokens’ in king

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me personally, Met is the best short name for the metaverse. Easy to pronounce. Just my opinion!

•••
For me personally, Met is the best short name for the metaverse. Easy to pronounce. Just my opinion!
Disagree here

sounds like Meth (Methamphetamine) to me

MetHouse
MetWorld
MetParty
MetFest

If you told me to attend any of these... I would be like Heck No! Not going there!

IMO

•••
For me personally, Met is the best short name for the metaverse. Easy to pronounce. Just my

Disagree here

sounds like Meth (Methamphetamine) to me

MetHouse
MetWorld
MetParty
MetFest

If you told me to attend any of these... I would be like Heck No! Not going there!

IMO
Lol......met......lol

•••
That sure is gilding the lily.
Happy new year to you all 🎆

•••
Mvnuts.com is at expired auction. Fitting for most of the thinking here.

Btw, why isn’t anyone putting up the $5k and $6k for 2 of the best mv domains available with bin?! If you really believe in mv as the go to abbreviation for “metaverse” it’s a no brainer.
Someone paid 2,378 for MVGames but but thats about it as far as I know of.

That's because most of here knows it's a long shot. If you go back a few pages on this thread you'll see me and others clearly stating that we know this is a high risk gamble with no real indication that MV will become a standard abbreviation used in Branding. I've warned everyone, elabd has warned everyone.

So no need to tease the people in this thread about how clueless we are. Most of ilus aren't, but you know most people on this entire site diesnt think for themselves and will dumo their cash on a niche without any strategy regardless of what you say.

Plus, this isn't the only thread gambling on a niche that isn't quite a niche in Branding yet.

•••
There are now around 500 MVerse domains regged in gtlds

•••
Someone paid 2,378 for MVGames but but thats about it as far as I know of.

That's because most of here knows it's a long shot. If you go back a few pages on this thread you'll see me and others clearly stating that we know this is a high risk gamble with no real indication that MV will become a standard abbreviation used in Branding. I've warned everyone, elabd has warned everyone.

So no need to tease the people in this thread about how clueless we are. Most of ilus aren't, but you know most people on this entire site diesnt think for themselves and will dumo their cash on a niche without any strategy regardless of what you say.

Plus, this isn't the only thread gambling on a niche that isn't quite a niche in Branding yet.
No long shot kid.

Good luck with Meserverse+crap

•••
•••
No long shot kid.

Good luck with Meserverse+crap

Metaverse+Keyword isn't crap buddy...did you not just see the +group sale for 75k?

By "long shot" I meant that MV has a long way to go before being massively adapted. But it could totally happen. Which is why I'm invested in MV names as well as Metaverse names.

You're just trying to make like a competition like you're bored and need something to argue about...

•••
I only have one MV domain.

MVExch.com (Exch = exchange)

I also have MetaverseExch.com

I've only been taken offers and so far they are all lowball, nothing realistic. Exchanges and the trading of currency and commodities are going to the backbone of this whole new virtual world.

•••
•••
•••
By "long shot" I meant that MV has a long way to go before being massively adapted.
I think this can take not that long if the entire Metaverse trend keeps on. 'MV' is the only natural way to shorten 'MetaVerse'. There are also 'Meta' prefix and 'Verse' suffix which are very nice; but if you want / have to abbreviate the entire word, 'MV' is the top option in my opinion, especially when placed at the beginning of the name. It seems is shouldn't take too long for this to get acknowledged.

•••
Another word that also might be popular is the word immersive.

•••
Happy new Year!

lets have a mvdrink.com together....

•••
•••
Arriving CES2022

Screenshot_20220101-101704_Twitter.jpg

•••
Some users use MV abbreviation for MultiVerse also, it's new potential buyers for MV holders. MV becomes trendy :xf.wink:

•••
•••
I think this can take not that long if the entire Metaverse trend keeps on. 'MV' is the only natural way to shorten 'MetaVerse'. There are also 'Meta' prefix and 'Verse' suffix which are very nice; but if you want / have to abbreviate the entire word, 'MV' is the top option in my opinion, especially when placed at the beginning of the name. It seems is shouldn't take too long for this to get acknowledged.
You are preaching to the choir dude... I was the first MV domainer with a MV portfolio. I know why MV has potential... But the difference between me and you is that I'm not pretending to be able to predict the future of end user behavior. It can be very unpredictable and any seasoned domainer knows that for the most "logical" outcome isn't necessarily the most likely when it comes to how end users brand their businesses.

•••
•••
•••
You are preaching to the choir dude... I was the first MV domainer with a MV portfolio. I know why MV has potential... But the difference between me and you is that I'm not pretending to be able to predict the future of end user behavior. It can be very unpredictable and any seasoned domainer knows that for the most "logical" outcome isn't necessarily the most likely when it comes to how end users brand their businesses.
I've got your point, didn't want to sound that clairvoyant - have actually used such expressions as "I think", "in my opinion", "It seems". Peace.

•••
I think with any abbreviation it will take adoption.
MVGames selling for only $2xxx unfortunately lowers the bar.
MetaverseGames is better, owned by @Elad n , same guy that sold MetaverseGroup to a niche buyer.
What about MetaGames? Registered in 2002 with longer history.

Who knows which prefix has more potential. I started a thread to vote/share your thoughts.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/vo...-of-metaverse-has-the-most-potential.1261627/

Last edited:
•••
I think with any abbreviation it will take adoption.
MVGames selling for only $2xxx unfortunately lowers the bar.
MetaverseGames is better, owned by @Elad n , same guy that sold MetaverseGroup to a niche buyer.
What about MetaGames? Registered in 2002 with longer history.

Who knows which prefix has more potential. I started a thread to vote/share your thoughts.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/vo...-of-metaverse-has-the-most-potential.1261627/
I would not say "lowers the bar", I would say lucky buyer!

Lots of Metaverse+keyword has been sold cheap too, not many report it though as it again lowers the bar!

2022 will bring some big sales in all areas imo......

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back