NameSilo

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Levi_charlz

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The Metaverse is the next big thing with many of the Big Tech players already involved so thought it deserved a dedicated ‘MV’ thread.

Lots of keywords like Glasses, NFT’s etc are already taken but there are lots still available.

Just picked up ‘MVTokens’ in king

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Yup,

Won’t be long before this takes hold.

Meta has obvious trademark issues. Metaverse + Keyword is too long apart from a select few words like 'group'.

MV is the obvious choice and here to stay.

This is funny actually. Nothing against mv but 1 meta is doing great 2
You have any idea how many offers I have received for my Metaverse names and for nice sums?

•••
MV certainly has potential. And I’ve put my money where my mouth is. But… meta and metaverse are established… based on verified sales.

I disagree that meta has trademark issues. It’s too generic. Unless, of course, the user’s intent is to profit from FB/Meta’s brand.

No name is too long when it describes an entire industry and evolution.

Whether meta/metaverse/mv, good names in this sector will consistently sell for xx,xxx and xxx,xxx. MV may just take a little longer to realize, which is okay. I was late to the game with metaverse names, so if I can make some bank on MV names, I don’t mind waiting.

All the best and happy new year to all.

•••
This is funny actually. Nothing against mv but 1 meta is doing great 2
You have any idea how many offers I have received for my Metaverse names and for nice sums?
Congrats, you've got a few good ones from what i remember and bagged a great sale. Can't wait for Tokens.com or their partner *group .io to confirm the purchase ;)

Re 'Meta', i'd be very nervous if i hadn't already secured my trademark pre Meta announcement. But if you're a start up or investor willing to gamble on an expensive .com with Facebook as your competition then i say good luck to you.

Thats exactly why i've secured Trademarks for PaymentTokens.com, StableTokens.com and eMoneyTokens.com

•••
MVNavigator.com available for registration!

•••
MVLand.com has been recently listed for sale at the BIN price of something above $6,000 - now it's an under construction lander.

•••
Some available MV names:
mvaddress.com
mvanimal.com
mvchance.com
mvchild.com
mvclue.com
mvdraft.com
mvdraw.com
mvduty.com
mveffect.com
mveffort.com
mvinvite.com
mvkiss.com
mvladder.com
mvobject.com
mvpassion.com
mvpleasure.com
mvprompt.com
mvraise.com
mvrevenue.com
mvsalary.com
mvshelter.com

•••
Congrats, you've got a few good ones from what i remember and bagged a great sale. Can't wait for Tokens.com or their partner *group .io to confirm the purchase ;)

Re 'Meta', i'd be very nervous if i hadn't already secured my trademark pre Meta announcement. But if you're a start up or investor willing to gamble on an expensive .com with Facebook as your competition then i say good luck to you.

Thats exactly why i've secured Trademarks for PaymentTokens.com, StableTokens.com and eMoneyTokens.com
How effective are those trademarks if you are not developing out a business on them? I have heard of this tactic before just trying to understand the reasoning behind getting trademarks on names you do not intend to turn into a product or business.

•••
MV certainly has potential. And I’ve put my money where my mouth is. But… meta and metaverse are established… based on verified sales.

I disagree that meta has trademark issues. It’s too generic. Unless, of course, the user’s intent is to profit from FB/Meta’s brand.

No name is too long when it describes an entire industry and evolution.

Whether meta/metaverse/mv, good names in this sector will consistently sell for xx,xxx and xxx,xxx. MV may just take a little longer to realize, which is okay. I was late to the game with metaverse names, so if I can make some bank on MV names, I don’t mind waiting.

All the best and happy new year to all.
It's just a matter of time until the first mv domain will be sold for a high amount...

to be exact: In march bloktopia starts with beta version, metahero is close behind.
sandbox and decentraland are already souring;
a Snoop Dogg fan just bought a property for $450k.

I think as soon as games, fashion and other retail stuff will be used on a daily basis,
the usage of mv domains by creators will skyrocket
(fall this year)

Last edited:
•••
It's just a matter of time until the first mv domain will be sold for a high amount...

to be exact: In march bloktopia starts with beta version, metahero is close behind.
sandbox and decentraland are already souring;
a Snoop Dogg fan just bought a property for $450k.

I think as soon as games, fashion and other retail stuff will be used on a daily basis,
the usage of mv domains by creators will skyrocket
(fall this year)
I personally think we will see a big MV sale before the fall. Could even be the thread starter here.

•••
Some available MV names:
mvaddress.com
mvanimal.com
mvchance.com
mvchild.com
mvclue.com
mvdraft.com
mvdraw.com
mvduty.com
mveffect.com
mveffort.com
mvinvite.com
mvkiss.com
mvladder.com
mvobject.com
mvpassion.com
mvpleasure.com
mvprompt.com
mvraise.com
mvrevenue.com
mvsalary.com
mvshelter.com
Nice list! Grabbed one :)

•••
Proof that there are still a lot of gems to be found. How was this one still available?

MV // Suits (.) com

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Is that your name on NameCheap? Not exactly the same category to compare the 2. That article is about top tier geo domains.
No not my name. I wish to have that domain!

What the most expensive metaverse domain name could be?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
How effective are those trademarks if you are not developing out a business on them? I have heard of this tactic before just trying to understand the reasoning behind getting trademarks on names you do not intend to turn into a product or business.
The Trademarks are to protect them for their intended purpose as development is already underway.

•••
No not my name. I wish to have that domain!

What the most expensive metaverse domain name could be?
MV com + Meta com + Metaverse com

•••
•••
I d
The Trademarks are to protect them for their intended purpose as development is already underway.
I don't think that registering trademarks and not having a business or product will help to protect domain names. I knew a case that registration of trademark and not using it did not help to protect the domain name.

It is not easy for Complainant to win the case in WIPO!

The domain name must comply with these rules for Complainant:

1. Identical and/or Confusingly Similar
2. Rights or Legitimate Interests
3. Registration and Use in Bad Faith

Last edited:
•••
•••
I d

I don't think that registering trademarks and not having a business or product will help to protect domain names. I knew a case that registration of trademark and not using it did not help to protect the domain name.

It is not easy for Complainant to win the case in WIPO!

The domain name must comply with these rules for Complainant:

1. Identical and/or Confusingly Similar
2. Rights or Legitimate Interests
3. Registration and Use in Bad Faith

There are many factors to take into consideration especially when generic word are being used in Trademarks.

I would always take advice from professionals before committing to a mark for your business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back