Dynadot

Name sold at GD auctions, haven't heard anything??

Spaceship
Watch
Hi

I sold a name on GD auctions. The sale happened on the 18 May and I have not heard anything from GD, no confirmation email saying the name had been sold or anything.

Its just sitting there with "Pending buyer purchase"

I really dont mind waiting for a sale to go through provided I get some communication from GD, but not hearing anything is just not on

Could you please look into this for me....@Joe Styler

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
u don't get that sold email til buyer pays.
they have up to 30 days to pay
gd sends remindes every couple weeks.
that's all they do. and all you can do since they do not allow direct comm.

gl.

•••
@alcy , this is not the case, we always used to get an email saying it had been sold.

Its an email like this, I save them all.

Dear Giles Coley,

Congratulations! The following domain name has sold:

Item Number ???
??????.com

Please do not accept any transfer requests of this domain at this time!

•••
i was in same situation like you a few times, and after emailing them to find out whats happening, the reply they gave is what I told you.

thus on gd auctions you ahve two scenarios:

1- your domain sells using buynow or buyer accepting your offer... in which cases buyer is forced to checkout immediately, payment suvmitted, therefore you get that sold email.

2- you negotiate with buyer, and yuo are the one who accepts his offer. in this case, there is no immediate checkuot. and you simply end up wiating for buyer payment. til he pays, you never get the sold email. no communication from godaddy. everyone is just waitin for 30 days max.

I assume yoru other sales were in category #1 above.

hope to help.

but Joe can confirm all this 100%.

cheers and I hope you get that sale! I lost total of 4 sales on gd, buyer never paid. all were banned. those were all offers accepted by me. not him. and never got sold emails for those.

gl

•••
@alcy

As I have said, this was not the case, it was the same with tdnam and afternic (owned by Godaddy), we use to get an email straight away and we would then get updated on payment/transfer details later. I have all these emails

Either way, it doesn't matter, its just some communication I am after, even if the sale doesnt go through, just something saying we are waiting for payment etc

Last edited:
•••
I really am not sure about the other sites you mention. I was stricitly speaking of gd. we must not excluse possibility various auction sites function differently, no matter who owns what.

Joe will shortly confirm things for you.

all the best.

•••
I have found a thread that is dealing with these issues, I will put it on there, seems to be more active

those sites are owned by godaddy and the email come from them with the following header

upload_2017-5-30_10-39-18.png

Can you close this thread @Eric Lyon , I will ask on "Godaddy Auctions - Report Problems Here"

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back