Dynadot

Namecheap coupons and discounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello!

The other namecheap coupon codes expired (bestvalue, evenlower and save7933), so I had to search for new ones. It wasn't easy, but here they are. Tested and working:

Yaffaspecial - $0.90 off registration and renewal

MORE4LESS - $0.89 off .com registration

Hope you like it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok, I take back everything bad I said, I was albe to get my 10 $.98 xfers through. Put money in the account in advance and transferred in smaller group and started righ when the deal started...

One thing you have to give cheeseball bob parsons is that most of his deals last long enough to easily get in on them.

Last edited:
•••
The 1$ registration is a waste of time - tried it on friday, tried it today - like 2 minutes after it started - no luck.

agreed, I was there the 20min the sale lasted, the website was giving errors all the time
Got half of my domains in the end (with coupon working), but couldn't pay in time and the $ amount changed in the shopping cart

great..

•••
they had more 98 cent transfers at 8am est this morning. didn't last long but i managed to get a few.

•••
agreed, I was there the 20min the sale lasted, the website was giving errors all the time
Got half of my domains in the end (with coupon working), but couldn't pay in time and the $ amount changed in the shopping cart

great..
Had the same problem.

The technique was to break your order into smaller pieces. I regged two (2) domains at a time, and went smoothly without a hitch (made 5 orders for a total of 10 domains). Did it 10 domains single order, and the server will time out.

But anyway, for 1-dollar, i guess it's hard to complain.

•••
Had the same problem.

The technique was to break your order into smaller pieces. I regged two (2) domains at a time, and went smoothly without a hitch (made 5 orders for a total of 10 domains). Did it 10 domains single order, and the server will time out.

But anyway, for 1-dollar, i guess it's hard to complain.

Each one of those almost certainly counts as a separate coupon use, so they don't even end up taking 350 x 10 transfers at the sale price... Perhaps it's that way by design.... :p

Last edited:
•••
Each one of those almost certainly counts as a separate coupon use, so they don't even end up taking 350 x 10 transfers at the sale price... Perhaps it's that way by design.... :p
What i meant was, if you place a bulk transfer 10 domains all at once, your order is a "long" process for the server to queue up. But if you have a "short" order, the server prioritizes you. It's like jumping the line.

•••
$5.99 transfers are on... code = CYBERXFER

**EDIT** The transfer code is done.. they are on to SSL Certificates now

Last edited:
•••
What i meant was, if you place a bulk transfer 10 domains all at once, your order is a "long" process for the server to queue up. But if you have a "short" order, the server prioritizes you. It's like jumping the line.

What I meant was, that if their system is crappy enough that you can only submit 2 domains at a time, then you use up 5 coupon uses instead of 1 when transferring 10 domains...
...And they probably like it that way and have no incentive to try to fix it, since it saves them money.

•••
Hmmm..... i have always presumed that when they posted they have 2,000 transfer coupons to give out, it meant they have 2,000 domain transfers allotted.

Now that you have mentioned it, it does sound fishy if they are trying to BLOCK the processing of those guys doing 10 transfers using 1 coupon. LOL

I'll give you a Rep++ for busting that hidden agenda, buddy. Never thought of that. lol

•••
later it said I used all my ten coupons when I didnt..

waste of time..

•••
I was able to squeeze some 98 cent transfers through on Friday and bag a 98 cent domain. Support was helpful in getting me the deal, even though their system had been too overloaded to process it. (I had the items in my cart and was trying to pay, which I regarded as acceptance of their offer and thus making them obligated to deliver. IANAL.)

Today, I bought some more transfers at $5.99. Took a short break, came back to do the transfer work, and they were not there. Shortly after, a refund arrives from PayPal. I dig out the invoice from their website, and it says "Your account is not be eligible [sic] to use this coupon as a similar coupon may have already been used on another account of yours."

Well, I only have one account with them and had not used this coupon. Their Cyber Monday deals page https://www.namecheap.com/promos/2012/black-friday-cyber-monday-deals.aspx says "Each domain transfer related coupon code is limited to between 1 and 10 domains per business or household." The $5.99 coupon is a different code than the 98 cent deal.

Now the good part: I spent over 1 hour on support chat trying to get this cleared up, and got nowhere. (Most of it was waiting while he obviously bounced between many customers.) He told me to retry the order. I did. I was charged once more, while the invoice again showed the "Your account is not be eligible..." nonsense. All this support rep could do is paste in generic phrases every few minutes which indicated he had not read (or could not understand) what I had already told him 30 minutes prior.

Eventually he said "Your account is not eligible to use $5.99 offer." He was not able to say why, or where in their written offer there was any such restriction. After jerking me around for an hour, he told me I could file a ticket about it.

Poor communication. Foggy offer terms. Contradictory information. Accepting payment for an offer they would not honor, twice. Useless support person. A total waste of time today.

Last edited:
•••
overall good experience.

at end end of the two day sale, I had a 98cent new registration, ten 98 cent transfers, and two 5.99 dollar transfers.

I had a failed 98cents-ten-domain-transfer order a few minutes before the offer ended, and tech support said nothing they could do. I tried again the next time that offer was live, and succeeded.

•••
Anyone noticed that sometimes the Whoisguard email address that comes FREE with Namecheap domain transfers, is sometimes set by Namecheap to forward to "[email protected]" ??

I had a couple of domains with Namecheap for the past 6 months and noticed only lately that they were not forwarding to my personal email address.

I thought they should default to my personal email upon completion of transfer. If there was a mismatch in the fields during domain transfer, Namecheap should atleast inform the customer that the registrant/administrative email address does not match (like what Godaddy does with the red fonts thingy on your whois data fields), so you could go ahead and change it.

But here at Namecheap, they won't tell you that your registrant/admin email is forwarding to "[email protected]".

•••
Anyone noticed that sometimes the Whoisguard email address that comes FREE with Namecheap domain transfers, is sometimes set by Namecheap to forward to "[email protected]" ??

I had a couple of domains with Namecheap for the past 6 months and noticed only lately that they were not forwarding to my personal email address.

I thought they should default to my personal email upon completion of transfer. If there was a mismatch in the fields during domain transfer, Namecheap should atleast inform the customer that the registrant/administrative email address does not match (like what Godaddy does with the red fonts thingy on your whois data fields), so you could go ahead and change it.

But here at Namecheap, they won't tell you that your registrant/admin email is forwarding to "[email protected]".

That is actually the default behaviour. You have to specifically set the forwarding email for each of your domains. You may be able to do it to multiple domains at once using their bulk changes tool.

•••
December's code (standard discount) BYEBYE2012

•••
Big transfer day is coming up...

On January 22nd, transfer your domains to namecheap for $3.99

com, net, org, info, biz (limit 50 domains per account)

•••
any transfer codes now? thanks

•••
•••
Get 20% off the first month of Namecheap shared hosting with code HOSTALICIOUS, and enjoy 10% off the first month of Namecheap VPS hosting with code SUPREMESERVERS. Our hosting continues to get better and better and we hope you can join us!

Just a few other codes that came via email from namecheap :)

Blake

•••
•••
Promo rules as posted on their website:

"Offer is valid only for domains that have not previously been transferred from Namecheap."

•••
Moved a dozen names with Free whoisguard money well spent. You rock NC!

•••
Didn't work for me, don't know why.
Update-Worked on second try.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am still reluctant to move my domain to Namecheap. Why are they still only a reseller of ENOM?

Is there any TECHNICAL reason to leave Godaddy?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back