Dynadot

NameJet Bidder Verification

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
There is a issue at NameJet that needs to be fixed. They say they need 48 hours to verify your account to make purchases over $2500. I sent my paperwork back Thursday at noon and had the auction today at 3pm. They could not verify my info in 4 days or within the stated 48 business hours. I had the budget and intention to win or at least be highly competitive in this auction; in fact my budget was above the winning bid. Everyone here loses: the seller, I do, and NameJet loses credibility with domain investors.

I'm a reasonable person but run your business like a business. If you state 48 hours to get it done, get it done within the time frame so that all sides of the transaction can benefit . Not simply venting, suggesting they fix this issue to make it a better marketplace.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
There is a issue at NameJet that needs to be fixed. They say they need 48 hours to verify your account to make purchases over $2500. I sent my paperwork back Thursday at noon and had the auction today at 3pm. They could not verify my info in 4 days or within the stated 48 business hours. I had the budget and intention to win or at least be highly competitive in this auction; in fact my budget was above the winning bid. Everyone here loses: the seller, I do, and NameJet loses credibility with domain investors.

I'm a reasonable person but run your business like a business. If you state 48 hours to get it done, get it done within the time frame so that all sides of the transaction can benefit . Not simply venting, suggesting they fix this issue to make it a better marketplace.
Have you open a ticket with them?
They did all pretty fast for me... Btw i created a ticked to. Speed up the process and all went fine

•••
Why the verification?

To bid over $2500 you need to verify your account with a picture id and fill out their form stating what credit card they can bill you on.

•••
Have you open a ticket with them?
They did all pretty fast for me... Btw i created a ticked to. Speed up the process and all went fine

Yes to verify your account you need to open a ticket to even submit the request and even called them. There was zero urgency to validate the account to meet their 48 hour window. That's the issue. Have a better system so bidders interested in a certain auction aren't told we will get to it when we feel like it. Instead they deleted my ticket and are non-responsive. Not good for a major company in this industry.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back