NameSilo

Need "Feedback" on my domain shop/portfolio site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
After years of only listing my domain names on third party websites, I wanted another approach. I thought: I needed my own domain shop, but without knowledge of coding etc that never happened for a while. I found some domain portfolio and shop solutions but they either didn't look professional or allowed just didn't bring the results and creative freedom i needed.. I was further advised my fellow namepros domainers that it's best I save money and aim at building my own website.

So Iong story short, I got wordpress and aimed at creating my own portfolio site. Before I launch it i would like to get some feedback from you guys/ladies who have experience. Here is the temporary link: http://1a8.e85.myftpupload.com/

Notes
I am still awaiting another logo concept
Not sure if i should have ads on the blog page

Thanks for the help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not bad. Logo will need a revamp I guess. The domains' logos are a bit heavy, and the domain name cannot be easily deduced by just looking at the them, although the hover effect is nice. I would also suggest a stronger tagline.

•••
Also a bug when clicking on NYAM.com :
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]

•••
Not bad. Logo will need a revamp I guess. The domains' logos are a bit heavy, and the domain name cannot be easily deduced by just looking at the them, although the hover effect is nice. I would also suggest a stronger tagline.
I also thought the tagline needed work but I'm not sure what to put. can you suggest something?
So you are not feeling the site logo?
And what do you mean by the "logos being a bit heavy"? Do you mean the background colors should all be white or light grey?

•••
Also a bug when clicking on NYAM.com :
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Yes, thanks I'll fix that. I was thinking of putting a form under each name or just let visitors use the contact tab in the menu. What do you think?

•••
Good Start Really....

If you are not a pro developer.... Its really good...but need to tweak in some area.

•••
Not bad. But the only issue I see is not that you have logos for those domains then every domain should have its own logo and that could take time/money if you have many domains. Other then that it is a nice looking site and now just market it right when done

•••
Not bad. But the only issue I see is not that you have logos for those domains then every domain should have its own logo and that could take time/money if you have many domains. Other then that it is a nice looking site and now just market it right when done
Thanks for the feedback! I will have to have logos created for all my domains unless i add a page to list them. And that could be costly. I would have to maybe ask others to do the logos initially for free and offer them a percentage of the profit when that domain sells. Otherwise i would have to pay or try to create the logos myself(I'm not too bad, but not a professional designer either)...

•••
I really like the design. For once, one of these websites actually looks good. keep it up!

•••
•••
A better tagline might be focused on the end user benefit. Maybe along these lines "Brandable domain names that can boost your business".

By "heavy" I mean the logos are the exact opposite of minimalistic. Nothing wrong about that, just that it' is difficult to figure out the domain name from the logo.

Also...NYAM.com is a very good 4-L that starts with NY and then two premium letters follow. I believe the logo is narrowing down its scope. Just my opinion

•••
A better tagline might be focused on the end user benefit. Maybe along these lines "Brandable domain names that can boost your business".

By "heavy" I mean the logos are the exact opposite of minimalistic. Nothing wrong about that, just that it' is difficult to figure out the domain name from the logo.

Also...NYAM.com is a very good 4-L that starts with NY and then two premium letters follow. I believe the logo is narrowing down its scope. Just my opinion
I am actually planning to use that domain for something food related. Nyam is a word that means to eat and mostly used in Jamaica, Africa and Asia. I have had big offers for it in the past while it was being used for a website.
1367491735.jpg

•••
•••
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I got some positive feedback on my new domain shop/portfolio site(website review section), but I just received some logo samples for the site.
site can be found here(temporry url): http://1a8.e85.myftpupload.com/

The site currently has a logo I like, but these other logos are from a different designer(already paid).. So I have to choose or revise one design.

Let me know which you like from the four samples and also if I should replace the logo on the site or leave it if it's a winner.
Other 4 Designs are below:
0000.jpg
000.jpg
00.jpg
0.jpg

•••
Hahahahaha. That's interesting. I decided to do the same. It is still in test mode but I uploaded some test domains and I have to show it to you. You will see why.

NameBrando

•••
A better tagline might be focused on the end user benefit. Maybe along these lines "Brandable domain names that can boost your business"

I couldn't fit that in seamlessly after the title: we are namees.
This is what i have so far:

We are Namees

a premium domain name marketplace that believes in the power of creative ideas and great design. We offer brandable domain names that can boost your business.

I also like "power your brand"

Let me know what you think and also If you have the time,I added four logos in my previous post above this..let me know which you think is best and if I should replace the one i am currently using.

•••
Hahahahaha. That's interesting. I decided to do the same. It is still in test mode but I uploaded some test domains and I have to show it to you. You will see why.

NameBrando
wow! haha.. It's great to see someone doing the same thing as myself. I think displaying domains with Images/logos is an added bonus and can help boost sales. It's a good start. We both have a little way to go. I definitely want to see your site when you are all done. keep me posted.

We started on namepros around the same time too.

Last edited:
•••
I like the third logo the most, but don't rely on my opinion - it's just an opinion. Asking more people what they think might be helpful.

"Power your brand" - I like that ;)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back