• Ended 19 years ago
  • Final results

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
Clicky

Do you like the style, or should it be changed? :lala:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
change it. it doesnt "rock". too bland and dramatic.

also, while slightly off-topic, i dont get how you classify all the different bands within genres. weezer is punk? foo fighters are hardcore? i think the forum would be better if you kept away from band forums and focused on genres and rock music as a whole.

•••
viciouscircle said:
change it. it doesnt "rock". too bland and dramatic.

also, while slightly off-topic, i dont get how you classify all the different bands within genres. weezer is punk? foo fighters are hardcore? i think the forum would be better if you kept away from band forums and focused on genres and rock music as a whole.

Thanks Robert.

Ive thought about that, noone will ever agree on where everything should be placed, but if i dont have the band forums there, that means people will be posting different bands around everywhere :gl:

•••
yeah, i just figured, most of the bands have their own forums, so you might be better off focusing on rock music in general than having forums for specific bands. 4 or 5 categories(forums) would do it too. something like: Classic Rock, Punk, Metal, Indie and Other. it kinda opens it up for more generalized discussion of rock, such as "What is the most punk rock song of all time?" or whatever, rather than just discussion of various bands, which will almost always fall short of what an official forum could offer.

•••
Hmmm true... but, wouldnt i have to still define what bands you can talk about in each category? :)

•••
not especially, the fewer categories, the less question there is about what category it goes in. not to mention, regardless of how well you organize there will be runover into different categories. again, i remind you, there are tons of official and unofficial fan forums for various bands. tons of subforums to talk about different bands wont be able to offer what the individual sites focused on one band can, simply because those site are focused. what you can do, is fill the gap those sites have left. a place for the general discussion of rock music as a whole. :)

•••
Dude, thanks for all the help so far =)

How about, if i make one subforum at the top of each section, going to a thread that lists what bands you can post about in that section? :)

•••
I'm sorry, but I don't like it much

•••
Well, Im more than likely going to change the skin now, but ill PROBABLY keep most of the rest untouched... for now ;)

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
Dude, thanks for all the help so far =)

How about, if i make one subforum at the top of each section, going to a thread that lists what bands you can post about in that section? :)
maybe just list in the description, like: "Classic Rock - Discuss classic rock and bands such as Aerosmith, Kiss, and Van Halen" or something of that sort because face it, most people won't read all the various forums to check where the band they're posting about belongs. They will simply go to where they think the thread belongs and post it there, assuming that if the band isn't listed it is simply an oversight.

For the most part, I think that if you make the forums rather broad then there shouldn't be too much trouble with off-topic posts. The main reason I say this, is if someone comes to your site looking for Blink-182 and thinks that they are punk rock, and you believe that they are Pop/Rock, the person will likely go and post in the punk section about it, not the Pop/Rock section.

•••
viciouscircle said:
maybe just list in the description, like: "Classic Rock - Discuss classic rock and bands such as Aerosmith, Kiss, and Van Halen" or something of that sort because face it, most people won't read all the various forums to check where the band they're posting about belongs. They will simply go to where they think the thread belongs and post it there, assuming that if the band isn't listed it is simply an oversight.

For the most part, I think that if you make the forums rather broad then there shouldn't be too much trouble with off-topic posts. The main reason I say this, is if someone comes to your site looking for Blink-182 and thinks that they are punk rock, and you believe that they are Pop/Rock, the person will likely go and post in the punk section about it, not the Pop/Rock section.

OK thanks for all your help Robert.

Ill have a talk about it, with my admins in the morning :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back