Dynadot

Need Suggestions & Opinions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

As you know (hopefully), I started a site submisson service a week ago. The service was absolute success and many more people want to use my service. Right now I am offering at very low price, which I think I should increase to $10 to $15 becuz i think it is very worth it.

Because of its success, I want to open a site submission website. Right now I am thinking of Site Submission service, Search Engine Optimization, Meta-Tags. I would like anymore suggestions that I can offer on my site. if there are any.

I also want to know if this is a good idea. I mean there are hundreds of sites out there giving the same service. But those sites out there for the most part do not deliver results. I on the hard try to maximize it by offering their site to directories.

What do u guys think? I need opinions. I am thinking of starting building the site from next week.

Opinions Please.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Be very careful in defining deliverables.
Don't go overboard promising results, especially considering the total flux Google has been in for past few months.

At this time, even seasoned SEO are scratching their heads, pulling their hair out, and joining The Hair Club, while still trying to figure out what works on a give day. If you want to play it safe, consider requiring everyone of your client to buy you a bottle of Roggaine as a part of compensation for your services. Just kidding...

If your clients have unreasonable expectations, you may get bad rap primarily becuase of miscommunications. Get a written contract, play it safe!

Be prepared to walk away from a client if (s)he wants you to spam SEs (using invisible texts, doorway pages, etc) for quick/short-term results.

There are a lot of bad SEOs out there, and I am sure there are a few good ones too. Do it right, everytime, and the results could be sweet over time.

Last edited:
•••
thanks

thanks slashroot. that was helpful:tu: I am going to start taking notes.

•••
Go for it. But build your site on trust not on greed. Do not increase your prices until you have a steady flow of customers who like your service enough that they will refer you to others. Make sure you have a worthwhile design, time, patience, and professionlism before you commit to this site to make a profit. Don't be disappointed if you're not an overnight success but just keep on going.

There I go rambling off again... *sigh* I don't know if any of what I just wrote made sense but I had to speak my mind.

•••
LOL You kind of made sense. :)

•••
Are you going to just use the HTML that is already on the page to submit to a bunch of engines, or are you going to optimize the meta tags, change the wording on pages and alts for certain keywords?

I know I have some pages that need to be cleaned up and optimized, in fact I see them all day long everywhere. Do you just submit what they have, or do you clean up everything and optimize all the text for certain keywords?

I think a service that could get a page www.w3.org validated and optimized for targeted keywords would do really well. I have often thought of this and was going to work with a school buddy on getting him started with this very same project just a few weeks ago. It's a messy job and no one likes to do it, that's why you can make money with it.

I would be interested in seeing how much you do for a page, do you have any before and after HTML?

Don

•••
submit

First, i am just going to submit the page. I submit not just search engines, but also directories manually. And to the part of optimizing and cleaning up, that would be another service - Search Engine Optimization, for which I charge differently. Prices are usually different for SEO.

And to the question of me knowing HTML, yes i know html and I am very saddened that i know little CSS. which is what i am learning now:)

•••
Offering Submitting services is a good start. Seperate Submission from SEO clearly, make sure your clients know the difference clearly, upfront as well.

Wait untill you get a real good handle on SEO stuff, know CSS real well (key to achieving the right placement of the right text in right places for spiders) and other tricks (good tricks) of the trade.

SEO, especially optimizing for Google, is a moving target. Jump into this quicksands only if/when you are really really prepared for the challenge!

Don't try to be the cheapest SEO in town, try to be the one that offers the best bang for the buck.

A new SEO (a good friend of mine) had compared getting into SEO business to be something like moving into a real bad neighborhood. YMMV.

•••
CSS

so css is quite really important. i just know the basics of it. i guess i should know more. can u tell me how css helps me in SEO.

•••
That's a whole world in itself.

There is a lot (A LOT) of information out there on google. So in stead of reinventing the wheel here, I would suggest you make a fresh pot of strong coffee and spend next few days in front of your screen soaking it all in. Then take it for a spin. It's not that difficult, could be fun. It's like swimming or fishing: you can read all about it, hear everyone's fish stories, but unless you get in the waters, you would never know how much fun that could be. Get you feet wet, you gonna love it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back