Dynadot

news NERDY.COM goes for $41,300 at auction then sold for $60,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Knew it would go high but wow! Still a good buy IMO...and a good sale!

Nerdy.com Listing at Flippa

Update from Flippa: Sold for $60,000.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i agree. it's a lot of money for this kind of keyword imo.

•••
I wonder if the new user "woot" who commented late was connected to the website of the same name?

They have that Amazon.com money and Nerdy.com seems like it'd be right in their wheelhouse, so it wouldn't surprise if they were in on the bidding.

Last edited:
•••
It's a great name, not surprised at the price.

•••
•••
Nice sale....Buyer rejoiced...

•••
Reseller its a sub 5 fig name so yes they should be very happy.

•••
The high bidder actually broke our ToS and reneged. The seller had a new buyer on standby, and the sale has since completed at $60,000 - Escrow pending. https://flippa.com/6109961

•••
The standby buyer paid almost $20,000 more than what the original auction closed for?

That doesn't make any sense to me, or am I missing something painfully obvious here?

•••
The high bidder actually broke our ToS and reneged. The seller had a new buyer on standby, and the sale has since completed at $60,000 - Escrow pending. https://flippa.com/6109961

althought I too do not understand any of this, I will say that having got a crap buyer for highest bidder, turned out to be the luckiest day in seller's life.

in 99% of cases, having the highest bidder not pay, means hell for seller.

Last edited:
•••
The issue of the high bidder is one we are looking into, but there is no link to the seller (if that's anyone's concern - it was mine, but I've proven it otherwise).

As for the buyer who's paying more than the initial amount -- This is an end user who was unable to participate in the auction. I have confirmed legitimacy and they are heading into Escrow.

We've updated the sale on the platform.

•••
The issue of the high bidder is one we are looking into, but there is no link to the seller (if that's anyone's concern - it was mine, but I've proven it otherwise).

As for the buyer who's paying more than the initial amount -- This is an end user who was unable to participate in the auction. I have confirmed legitimacy and they are heading into Escrow.

We've updated the sale on the platform.

tanks for info
I am not denying this does not happen. 1% is a number too.

I just said the seller can thank his lucky stars, which just made him 20k, for the original high bidder breaking flippa rules at just the right time and place!

I'd go say nice thank you prayer to church for that one!

cheers

•••
This is definitely a first on my end, as well. Usually, the sale is reversed and either both parties complete off platform, or there never is another buyer at an acceptable price. This was someone I was working with last night who did not get a chance to participate at auction, but basically put himself on a waitlist.

The issue of disappearing / walkaway bidders is an immense thorn in our side -- not to mention the sellers'! -- and we have two potential solutions, one of which we'll be rolling out this year.

•••
•••

They had another buyer standing by willing to pay $19000 more than the price it sold for at auction straight away? And that buyer was happy for you to reveal this here?

This all sounds very odd to me. Not impossible- just odd.

•••
Nerdy.com Relisted on Flippa ???
Did the buyer lose his Nerd????y

•••
•••
•••
•••
They had another buyer standing by willing to pay $19000 more than the price it sold for at auction straight away? And that buyer was happy for you to reveal this here?

This all sounds very odd to me. Not impossible- just odd.

The new / official buyer had submitted an offer, but too late - the auction had closed and their offer did not hit. Once the high bidder backed out officially, I cancelled the sale. The seller negotiated further and the buyer agreed, and I re-thread the sale, v2.

We confirmed this initial, walkaway buyer was in no way linked to the seller.

We also confirmed that the new, official buyer is an end user and wouldn't be surprised if you see this domain utilized in an interesting way down the track.

•••
•••
Was it a Flippa employee?

•••
I was wondering why it as relisted and sold so fast again. Nice sale for the seller.

•••
Still not a bad buy IMO, especially for an end user. I disagree that's it's a sub 5 figure reseller name, though it certainly wouldn't pull 60k at namejet. In a few years this could be a six figure name.

•••
Very nice flip indeed. Nice name too

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back