Dynadot

news NERDY.COM goes for $41,300 at auction then sold for $60,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Knew it would go high but wow! Still a good buy IMO...and a good sale!

Nerdy.com Listing at Flippa

Update from Flippa: Sold for $60,000.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They had another buyer standing by willing to pay $19000 more than the price it sold for at auction straight away? And that buyer was happy for you to reveal this here?

This all sounds very odd to me. Not impossible- just odd.

Nerdy name + nerdy seller + nerdy buyyer + nerdy platform = nerdy sale ))

It just couldn't have sold straight up at normal auction ) It wouldn't have been Hollywood enough )

•••
This is definitely a first on my end, as well. Usually, the sale is reversed and either both parties complete off platform, or there never is another buyer at an acceptable price. This was someone I was working with last night who did not get a chance to participate at auction, but basically put himself on a waitlist.

The issue of disappearing / walkaway bidders is an immense thorn in our side -- not to mention the sellers'! -- and we have two potential solutions, one of which we'll be rolling out this year.
Walkaway sellers is something I have had an issue with recently. Very frustrating when sellers renege on "No Reserve" auctions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back