IT.COM

Netfirms

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Took a bit of time but well worth the wait!

Bought FixNY.com from Netfirms today for $4.95 plus GST (I'm in Canada.) First time using them. Easy transaction though I had to wait for a couple of hours before it went through. I went to godaddy.com to check the domain name and it said it was still available so I had a little panic about that. That was the only problem. What really surprised me was the free hosting included! I used FTP explorer and put some content on the site. :o) I see no paid parking but I would recommend this domain register service!

•••
no problem

...i'm not a "pro" ... and test just the Url forwarding and transfert...

25 mo disk space +easy interface +no problem with a Sedo transfert (i'm the seller) ...
For me it's a good company... :)

•••
Just love them

Great Great Great company. One you can trust for sure.

•••
Very good price and value

I have only had great experiences with NetFirms, they're control panel is very easy to use.

•••
Not good, scammed me

I purchased a domain with them and it was great. Excellent panel/etc. After 4 days the domain was available again! I go into there live chat and when I say why it's available they end the chat everytime. No response to them (5 months now =| ) and I had to go ahead and register it somewhere else or someone else would get it. It's horrible. Not sure but many people have ha good service with them, but not me.

•••
Review

Overall we have been happy with them. Some of their support reps are really good, others are not so helpful, just depends who you get. I give them a 7, despite the fact that they accidentally made my credit card number into a domain name with the CV2 number! Yes...mycreditcardnumber.com! They corrected it, so I guess I can forgive them. I do not recommend them if you intend on purchasing names in bulk, their system does not handle it very well from what I have seen.

•••
Review

hi-i had a bad experience with them. in fact they sezied a domain name of mine, which has become the newest thing to do by a registrar. they received complaints that it violated their terms of service. it was definately a free speech issue, because after researching, i found out that netfirms is not a united states based company, but a canadian based company. the listing here at namepros.com says u.s. based, but thats incorrect. if you go to icann.org and check their list of registrars, it will show it is canadian. long story short, whatever country your domain name registrar is based out of, the free speech laws as well as all laws in that particular country are the ones that will apply. the particular .com was seized by netfirms for violation of canadian law, but i then purchased the .org with a u.s. based registrar and there has been no problem. heres the link for icanns list of where a registrar is based :

http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

thanks

•••
Terrible Service

Greetings, I had serveral names with them. My problems started from the beginning, and then just went downhill after that. They remind me of Registerfly actually. I had duplicate billings on my card. Support took days to get back to me, and only after sending multiple emails. Then they locked 3 of my domain names for payment issues, which was all attributed to THEIR billing errors. I needed to change nameservers and It took me almost 7 days before they corrected the billing error and I finally had access to the domain names. Transferring away turned into another nightmare with them. After being locked out again for technical problems as they called them, it took me almost 2 weeks to complete 2 domain name transfers. Stay away from Netfirms.com if your seeking reliablity. I also never received any emails of apology after all their errors. They could have cared less about me as a customer. And yes, they are Canadian based, not a United States based company. I found this out after having to spend funds to fax their Canadian headquarters.

•••
Good

Very cheap for the first year, but customer service is some bad

•••
Review

I use both Netfirms and "another registrar". I like to develop my domains by using Blogger. Everytime I change the CNAME, I feel that Netfirms is faster than that "another registrar".

•••
$10 per year after 1st

$9.99 2nd year and moving forward.

•••
freespeech said:
hi-i had a bad experience with them. in fact they sezied a domain name of mine, which has become the newest thing to do by a registrar. they received complaints that it violated their terms of service. it was definately a free speech issue, because after researching, i found out that netfirms is not a united states based company, but a canadian based company. the listing here at namepros.com says u.s. based, but thats incorrect. if you go to icann.org and check their list of registrars, it will show it is canadian. long story short, whatever country your domain name registrar is based out of, the free speech laws as well as all laws in that particular country are the ones that will apply. the particular .com was seized by netfirms for violation of canadian law, but i then purchased the .org with a u.s. based registrar and there has been no problem. heres the link for icanns list of where a registrar is based :

http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

thanks

Its bad if they did it without any warning, but if seizing was the result of ignorence of there notice, then I don't think they did anything wrong.

•••
Does anyone know if netfirms has an affialite for domain registration?

•••
Awful Service

I bought a couple domain names from them. First they double charged my credit card for both domain names. They charged 2 months later for both domain names. They were a nightmare to deal with over the phone as well as emails. Then, because I told them I was going to call my bank to handle the problem if they kept putting me off, both domain names were suspended for 5 days. I was shocked, I emailed and called and said, hey, cant you see when they were purchased, and look at your original accounting. The lady could have cared less, and that was after numerous emails and phone calls. I transferred away faster than a bat out of hell.

•••
Review

I registered a domain with canadian company Netfirms. The user interface is friendly. I had no problem so far, only thing I could not access the file browser interface for the free hosting, the Support told me how to change my cookies settings to fix it. Support is a little slow.

•••
Review

Greetings. I bought some names last year. I had billing issues with them too, and I think they create them in hopes you just dont happen to look at your credit card statement in detail. Support was terrible regarding their attitude with me, and they always make you feel like it was your problem and they are doing you a favor by helping you. When transferring I had 3 failures all due to invalid authorization codes on their end. I was ready to pull my hair out at the continual aggravation I was experiencing. If you ever complain to them about anything, for some reason it seems problems arise later on with your domain names. Strange for sure. Sally

•••
Not worth to try!!!

Be careful of transfer your domain name out.
They will hold your domain names and told you that transfer out need more days before it expired. ( You can transfer out before it expired at any other reg company.)

•••
Awful

They have no interface. Customer service is average and I don't like them.

•••
Review

Great features in less price

•••
Scammers

They started asking for personal and private information through shady e-mails. Don't trust these guys, their not worth it. Go try name.com, now THOSE are good.

•••
its worth for the money good servcie

its worth for the money good servcie

•••
Hi, I am not a customer at NetFirms.com yet so I appologize for not rating netfirms.com..

I have a whole bunch of domains at godaddy.com ... I had to renew them this year so I was working with one guy who helped me when I asked for free privacy and I was able to get it. Now this guy doens't work in that dept anymore and I have called and a few people I spoke to are not helping me to get free privacy anymore and have been rude on a couple of occasions when I spoke to them.. I was looking at netfirms and what I see is they give free privacy and even their domains are cheaper to register and transfer..

Can anyone seriously let me know which one of the two registrars is better overall? Is it worth it for me to transfer domains to netfirms.com and not have any problems later on? I suppose the best person to answer this question will be the one who has had account with both registrars ( godaddy and netfirms) and can tell me from exp....?

Thanks a bunch in advance for any feed back. God Bless.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back