Dynadot

Netsol's free transfer offer ended

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dave_Z

Electrifying GuyTop Member
Impact
Hey guys.

Netsol's free domain transfer promo's ended. It apparently finished on Jan. 10.

Just thought I'd let you know in case you haven't. :cy:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hehe o well that goes that option..only used it twice anyway.

•••
I guess they finally relized that these types of new customers have no value to them as many, I hope, will transfer their name out when the time comes to pay up.

Mike

•••
I was wondering when it would end. I transferred over 117 domains during the promotion.

Did anyone notice how the WHOIS details are messed up on the transferred names? Like NamePros.com is showing a creaton date of November 2003.

•••
strange that netsol would make that kind of error

•••
Originally posted by InteractAsia
strange that netsol would make that kind of error

They're nortorious for weird WHOIS dates. But I thought they had fixed that issue already. :-S

•••
ic i thought there would be some catch in transferring the domain to them?..

•••
No catch that I could see, other then having to deal with them when you want to transfer away. I've never had problem transferring away from Netsol before, but others have.

•••
I have and lost a domain on it too. 117 domains thats all I have at the moment.It keeps on increasing.
Any ways I hate netsol & Enom. Thats is why I have no domains there.

•••
Why do you hate enom, they must be one of the top 3 reseller registrars. They are nothing like netsol.

I suspect in 10 months Netsol will be gearing up the customer retention campaign. I guess they are figuring to keep at least 50% of the transfers at $15+ a renewal, but that would be an impressive trick, I don't see how they will unless they know something we don't. Their 24 hour customer service must be costing them a fortune in this market.

I never went for the free transfer deal. I thought about it for ahwile but in the end not worth the hassle or lack of instant nameserver change & push ability I have with enom.

•••
i wouldn't want to take the risk of transferring my domains over to netsol.

Just playing it safe just in case :)

and yeah holeinone, why do you hate enom?

•••
I like enom now. But I still remember the time when they changed prices overnight - I hated them like anything at that point. If they try anything like that again, I swear I'll never trust them again.

•••
Enom changed the price on you? Or your ETP did?

Oh, do you mean like 14 months ago when they locked down accounts to $8.95? Maybe you're mad cause you didn't get to grab any $6.95 accounts to sell - for that matter I am too :'(

•••
I never went for the free transfer deal. I thought about it for ahwile but in the end not worth the hassle or lack of instant nameserver change & push ability I have with enom.

That's odd. Netsol's changes are all in real time, be it nameserver change or even RNCA.

I've tried it myself and most of the time it works like a charm. Most, anyway....:hehe:

•••
Originally posted by aww
Enom changed the price on you? Or your ETP did?

No, that must have been 3+ years ago, before this current system of ETPs and resellers. I remember the prices doubled or tripled, and I found out about it only because I had some domains on auto-renew. I transferred out the rest as fast as I could.

I only recently came back to enom.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back