Dynadot

Domain caught by ZZY.CN (Xiamen / ) - anyone familiar with this?

NameSilo
Watch

allaboutdomains295

Impact
Hey thought I'd ask if anyone is familiar with this registrar: ZZY.CN / 厦门市中资源网络服务有限公司 (Xiamen Zhongyuan Network Services or Xiamen ChinaSource Network Services).

I was interested in a dropping .co domain, which is a TLD that DropCatch doesn't support. So I only had it on Snapnames and GoDaddy. Didn't think anyone would really care much about the domain.

It was in pendingDelete for a while, and now it appears to have been handed over to the registrar above based in China.

I don't have any other information yet since the domain name doesn't resolve anywhere... just wondering if anyone is familiar with this registrar in case it helps me manage my expectations.

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A lot of players in this niche using backordering tools maybe made by their own, here are some domains their own, JFYI.

•••
Thanks so much for that link! Interesting...maybe they just swooped up a name they thought they'd like? Unclear...
From the link you shared, seems like a majority of the domain names that registrar owns aren't even in use, one rare exception was the "exmbio" domain.

Maybe I'll have to wait around and see what happens with the domain that I missed catching. Either it'll be up for re-sale, someone is specifically choosing to use it, or it'll be like many of those domains under that registrar which are just parked indefinitely (I don't understand the motivation for that, though)...

•••
zzy.cn is a bit good at dropcatching. a very old registar from china,can be trusted.
previous i had helped a domainer get several domains he is interested

•••
zzy.cn is a bit good at dropcatching. a very old registar from china,can be trusted.
previous i had helped a domainer get several domains he is interested
Oh interesting, thanks for letting me know! I didn’t know that.
Checked back today and looks like they are just re-selling the domain through Sedo.com for several thousands of dollars 😵 . It’s not worth that much, at least to me. Oh well!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back