Dynadot

Network Solutions launches agressive promotion to get back customers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Network Solutions, recently sold off by Verisign, has started an agressive new promotion. For a limited time they are offering a free transfer into Network Solutions. This adds a year's registration to your domain for moving your name to Network Solutions.

http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/name-it/transfer.jhtml

Be aware you're looking at a $25 to $35 renewal fee afterwards if you stick with them, unless they change pricing.

Is anyone going to go for this? :]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How difficult is it to then transfer out again after a month or so?

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
How difficult is it to then transfer out again after a month or so?

That would be impossible as ALL registrars require you to be there 60 days before you can move a name. My guess is they will make it extremely difficult to get out or transfer the domain. NS always had the WORST features at the HIGHEST price which is why they have been bleeding red ink for years and were finally forced to sell.

Last edited:
•••
What an opportunity for Netsol haters! Instead of letting unwanted domains expire, transfer them for free to Netsol! Then you have one more year to try to sell them off, or just forget about them.

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
What an opportunity for Netsol haters! Instead of letting unwanted domains expire, transfer them for free to Netsol! Then you have one more year to try to sell them off, or just forget about them.

Now there's an idea! :)

•••
Originally posted by Duke
Now there's an idea! :)

Duke,

They do not approve free domain transfers by resellers and/or for domain names that are for resale. I have not even tried it, but this is what they have notified a reseller when they cancelled his "free transfer" order.

Considering it's a company in flux (sold already), and judging from their support-history, I think most would be very uneasy to trust them with any of their prime/valuable domains. YMMV.

SlashRoot

Last edited:
•••
I'm not sure how they determine that the names are for resale?

I'm trying it with nine names to be transfered over to NetSol.

•••
I have no idea how they do their "stuff"

Good luck with your transfers, RJ.

•••
Woul dit be wise to transfer domains about to expire over or not? I mean, we dont HAVE to renew later do we?

•••
Selling domains from NS is not a good idea. Last I checked, they still had a transfer fee of a year's registration and did not give ANY credit for remaining time on the current registration. For a long time they still required written transfer papers faxed and it could not be done simply online with a control panel. If you transfer one there, you better be prepared to transfer it back somewhere else and pay another year reg before the sale. They also had a bad habit of rejecting transfer requests to the point you had not choice but to renew there at high prices or let it drop.

This may have changed, but I would read their TOS fine print very carefully.

•••
I would avoid Network Solutions like the plague. There is always a gotcha dealing with those folks

•••
well they have had a bad rep and if they need this to stay in business its a bad sign anyways IMHO

•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
well they have had a bad rep and if they need this to stay in business its a bad sign anyways IMHO

Amen

•••
Might as well take advantage of a good thing. Besides, you can move out after 60 days if you ain't happy.

Speaking of moving out, wanna know how to move out HASSLE-FREE? ;)

•••
Originally posted by davezan
Might as well take advantage of a good thing. Besides, you can move out after 60 days if you ain't happy.

Speaking of moving out, wanna know how to move out HASSLE-FREE? ;)

sure do. never ever heard of a way with netsol :(

•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
sure do. never ever heard of a way with netsol :(

I found this out one time when I moved one of my domains out of them, Elefekt. Here's how:

After you confirm the transfer with the registrar you're moving to, call NetSol roughly 48 hours after that. That should give NetSol time to receive the transfer request from 'em.

Call 'em when you're ready and let them verify that you are who you say you are. As long as you're the admin contact (now called the primary contact in their lingo), the agent you talk to can actually access the confirmation email & affirm it on your behalf.

Then get their ticket number to confirm your conversation with them. Check the registry after a couple of hours to see if it's transferred out.

I have to admit, at least those joiks gave another option to confirm their transfers in case the email way doesn't work. :hehe:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back