IT.COM

New Fabulous prices 1st July

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks the prices there are good.. but how do you join them?

•••
It's invitation only.
I think Mike from Fabulous has acct here.
Send PM and see if you can get Fabulous acct.

•••
so you need a minimum domain to buy? how many?

•••
IIRC you need 50 domains, not necessarily at Fabulous.

•••
•••
This sucks. I like Fabulous, but am considering moving my domains after this big price increase. And their new registrar price comparison is extremely misleading. They quote the non-discounted prices of the other registrars, but for their own prices they use discounts which only apply if you have 5,000+ domains there. What a crock. Even for domainers with 5,000+ domains at Fabulous, the prices are going up, and the rise is far more dramatic for those with fewer than 1,000 domains.

If they're going to offer a special transfer-in price, they should offer the same discount for renewals to existing loyal customers as long as we meet the same terms (500+ domains at a time, pre-fund account with wire or parking revenue). Otherwise this is a slap in the face to loyal customers who can't transfer their domains to Fabulous because they are already there.

•••
Keep in mind their features are ridiculously cool. They have extra password privacy to get into certain areas of account (push, transfer) and are even coming out with a USB stick security thing. Also, domains are apparently getting free privacy now.

Edit: Did not look at their prices carefully...ahhh

Last edited:
•••
I wrote an open letter to Fabulous:
A letter for Fabulous.com (new Fabulous pricing)

The thread was closed because the topic was being discussed here. In July or August I had to transfer some domains (cannot transfer all of them next week) but now I'll send them to Godaddy ($6.99+$0.2) because the price difference is too big.

•••
Wait, wait. If, for example, I had 99 domains, renewals and regs for .com would be 8.99? That can't be right...that's so high! They used to be priced so reasonably...how could they do this to loyal customers? (I have the wholesale account)

If this is true, I don't even know where to move. First, I loved moniker, then it changed to fabulous, now...:(

I was even on my way to transferring hundreds of domains to fabulous. forget it!

Last edited:
•••
I'm in the same situation, I moved hundreds of domains to Fabulous because of their great support and best prices. But with the price increase it's a bit too expensive. I agree with a price increase, but the new pricing seems too high, they will loose a lot of customers.
Mike still hasn't commented, maybe they can still study this.

•••
I know they are famous for their excellent customer service ( which I have experienced before), but I sent them an email asking how to bulk transfer out, and they completely ignored it...lol

•••
I hope that is not an issue with them. I just transferred 200 .net domains from Godaddy to them and it took me 5 minutes, using Godaddy exportable lists. When I need to transfer domains out I don't want to spend hours.

•••
I know they are famous for their excellent customer service ( which I have experienced before), but I sent them an email asking how to bulk transfer out, and they completely ignored it...lol

:lol:

Their control panel's not really ideal for bulk management actually. Hmm.

•••
When exactly was Fabulous going to announce this? After it was implemented? I have not been getting all the announcements from them (I had to contact my rep directly about the privacy and security key thing) What is going on over there? I am a Fabulous fan but starting to feel a little miffed.

•••
Yea, been looking around their panel, don't think you can actually bulk transfer out. Whatever, I think I can do them manually in like 2 days :P

Just saw that you can do it on the bottom of the domain management page.

Last edited:
•••
Have they even added Full DNS management like Enom resellers have yet?

•••
this is the first time i've heard about this....

they locked me out of my account this morning and i still can't get in. I emailed their customer service twice. I accidentally typed my password in wrong once and *bam* account disabled.

i've never had a problem with fabulous untill these past couple of months. fabulous is starting to becom unfabulous

•••
I have moved a few hundred domains over from godaddy over the last few months because it was .29 cheaper per name at fabulous, now with the new prices at fabulous it would be .30 cheaper per name to keep the remainder of my domains at godaddy and to move the ones I have already transferred back to godaddy, I think if you like whois privacy then this is still a good deal, if you have no plans to use the whois privacy like myself then a .30 difference x hundreds or thousands of domains adds up and could find a few users debating moving out of fabulous.

•••
And sometimes it's not 0.3 but 0.6 ...
When renewal comes I can renew for $7.79 (as I have more than 1000 domains with them) or transfer them to Godaddy for $7.19 :/

•••
I current have about 400 domains at Fabulous. Mostly .nets. Since there is no more any difference between my Fabulous pricing and GoDaddy, then the one's I don't drop are going back to GoDaddy, since I prefer their Control Panel, which I understand is being revamped for users with account managers this quarter. Personally, I hope they don't change much apart from making it easier to checkout.

•••
I am curious, if there will be any discounts for NP members? I have currently 225 domains at Fabulous (thus I am at tier 6 :( ), I was planning to move 200-400 to them in September, but with prices I will get in this case (Tier 5, Tier 4) it is not worth doing that.

Mike, may NP members get a Tier 1 pricing automatically, irrespective of the number of domains? We have been always loyal to Fabulous and would like to be in the future :) And it will facilitate more transfers to Fabulous

With regard to free privacy, this is a nice feature, but on my ca. 1000 domains I have privacy only on 2. For the remaining ones I do not need it, same as many others.

•••
I am curious, if there will be any discounts for NP members? I have currently 225 domains at Fabulous (thus I am at tier 6 :( ), I was planning to move 200-400 to them in September, but with prices I will get in this case (Tier 5, Tier 4) it is not worth doing that.

Mike, may NP members get a Tier 1 pricing automatically, irrespective of the number of domains? We have been always loyal to Fabulous and would like to be in the future :) And it will facilitate more transfers to Fabulous

With regard to free privacy, this is a nice feature, but on my ca. 1000 domains I have privacy only on 2. For the remaining ones I do not need it, same as many others.

Either Mike is not reading this thread or he is choosing to ignore it?

So, if you like to suggest anything, best to PM him or send him an email. :bingo:

•••
That's a good idea, hopefully Mike can respond to that.

I love fabulous, but even with the great security and free privacy, godaddy will be cheaper with bulk amounts (i think they offer free privacy for transfers now?)

•••
Hi guys,

Sorry I was out of the office since Tuesday last week as I had to go back to my home town for a funeral. I'm going to do my best to address all the issues now.

You can apply for an account by clicking the "Request An Invitation" link on the Fabulous.com homepage.

so you need a minimum domain to buy? how many?

To be eligible for a Fabulous account we require that you meet at least one of the following:

• Domain portfolio must generate US$750+ per month
  • Transfer 750+ domains to Fabulous

athletec64 - can you please forward me your original email and I'll chase this up for you. In answering your question, you can open transfer windows in bulk by going to the Manage > Domains page, if you scroll to the bottom of this page, under the heading "Bulk Transfer Window" there is a "Bulk Window" button. If you click this, you can paste a list of domains (max 1000) which you would like to transfer out.

Long before opening to the public, Fabulous.com designed and developed tools for managing our own large portfolio of domain names. As the owner of one of the world's largest .com portfolios, we have designed and built Fabulous.com with bulk management at it's core.

I guess everyone is welcome to their own opinion though. :D

When exactly was Fabulous going to announce this? After it was implemented? I have not been getting all the announcements from them (I had to contact my rep directly about the privacy and security key thing) What is going on over there? I am a Fabulous fan but starting to feel a little miffed.

MrSpartan - emails were sent out to all Fabulous.com Wholesale customers on Wednesday, June 24. Please let me know your Fab username and I will see what email address we sent it to.

Have they even added Full DNS management like Enom resellers have yet?

Brujah - this is something we are investigating, and possibly offer in the future.

they locked me out of my account this morning and i still can't get in. I emailed their customer service twice. I accidentally typed my password in wrong once and *bam* account disabled.

Isis - can you forward me your original email and I will chase this up for you.

I am curious, if there will be any discounts for NP members?

vlad74 - I'll run this by Management and see if there is anything we can do.

Hopefully I've answered everyone's concerns, if I haven't please drop me a PM or email (mike at fabulous dot com).

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back