IT.COM

New Institute in China aims to turn inexperienced buyers into better 'Domain Investors'

Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Some leaders in China's domain industry think things have already gotten a little too frothy. They do want to see active buying and selling continue but believe a sustainable market will depend on new investors in their country becoming better educated. If they make sound buying decisions that will generate a long term profit, both buyers and sellers will win and keep the economic engine humming.

Toward that end Booksir (Liangji) Zhuang teamed up with several experienced domain name investors to launch the MIXUE Digital Investment Institute earlier this month in Xiamen.

The name Mixue is a combination of "mi", which equates to domains in China, and "xue" means training or learning, so mixue can be interpreted as domain name training.

The complete story may be read on DNJournal

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing.

Exciting times!

•••
China wants to be the top of the world...

•••
i hope they do not tech them 4L.com like cars.com is more interesting to own than xgkq.com.. or else all our premium western domains wil end up in china

•••
i hope they do not tech them 4L.com like cars.com is more interesting to own than xgkq.com.. or else all our premium western domains wil end up in china
That's China missions; to get all the numbers as possibles and short names & short words. Google has invested some $$$$ to China? It's just the beginning..

•••
I will not be surprised if Chinese own 30-40% of total registered .coms in 2-3 years.

•••
I will not be surprised if Chinese own 30-40% of total registered .coms in 2-3 years.
That's 37-50 million .COMs - While Chinese domainers acquire a lot of domains these days, I doubt they will acquire such a vast amount within only 2-3 years. But what happened this year was not expected, so who knows.. Time will tell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back