Dynadot

discuss Next Chinese Trend???

Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
For the past two weeks there are a lot of inquiry about LLL.biz and NNN.biz and most of the thread starters are chinese.

Are they the next Chinese Trend? These names are still running cheap now and most of them are under $50 each.

May be someone wants to take a chance and accumulate them like LLLL.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would think the .biz is way down the list of extensions that Chinese would be interested in, too many shorter alternatives.

Perhaps very prime numbers.

•••
how about .co in the chinese market?

•••
I think there is no trend other than to buy up all remaining 6n's ........after that, the best 7n's
~
Although I have dabbled in a few 4 character domains?

•••
1200 LLLL.nets of A + 3 consonant pattern were registered today in less than 1 hour via 3 different registrars by Chinese.
Here's the list:
http://pastebin.com/ZtyQH9ZZ

•••
One that most people apart from the Chinese have been missing for some time is .cn despite some of the top sales over the last year or two being one word English .cn
Try and get even 5N.cn, 3 character .cn nowadays, snapped up and not much of anything getting left in the drops.

And no restriction on buying and selling .cn now.

•••
One that most people apart from the Chinese have been missing for some time is .cn despite some of the top sales over the last year or two being one word English .cn
Try and get even 5N.cn, 3 character .cn nowadays, snapped up and not much of anything getting left in the drops.

And no restriction on buying and selling .cn now.

I know for me, initially it scared me off ........lose my names ??

•••
•••
•••
They appear to have "opened up" significantly

•••
how about .co in the chinese market?

I have a list of available NNNN.co (with 2 repeating numbers in front/middle/end, no 4 and 0) that I check regularly, each day several are registered, by Chinese registrants. Now there's only 10 left.

Edit : ALL GONE just now.

•••
•••
I think .co would be up on the list before .biz. LL LLL LLLL & NN NNN NNNN but who knows? .net would be better than both of them?

There are a lot of Chinese investing into short character domains at the moment as they want to secure their money into investments as their currency is struggling at the moment IMO

•••
currency deflation and falling stock market was the reason for some (a small fraction who were aware of its existence) Chinese investors to turn to domain market with the money they pulled out of stocks, deposits etc

im not saying 4L.coms have already peaked out yet - with a little less than 500,000 names it was pretty easy to drive the prices tenfold with only a couple of $ mln more pouring into the market. that said, the tide may reverse its direction as fast as it came if/when the same small $$$ amount get sucked back on stocks improving, currency stabilizing etc

i dont think even 1% of 4Ls will ever see any development or end user interest - the vast majority if not all sales are flippers/investors hoping to double/triple their money riding the trend... which may abruptly come to its end as soon as Shanghai index shows signs of stable and healthy recovery. with no end user interest and no new money coming from clueless investors traders will start to dump their inventory on each other at some point.

while 4L may be able to stay afloat for a year or two at the current or even higher price levels, all those 4-5-6-7N orgs/info/co/etc will be a disaster for those who left holding the bag...

again, not saying it will happen overnight, but i would seriously consider taking profits and exiting now for those who bought at $15-20 a year or two ago.

buying "Chinese premiums" i.e. worst letters unpronounceable/random/not-acronyms-of-anything-imaginable 4Ls now at $200-300 is already extremely risky and highly speculative to me as i see no fundamental reasons for them to rise higher long term rather than a lottery win (there are 160,000 "Chinese premium letters" names, how many sold at retail prices?)

classical bubble to me...

..would also never touch anything from 4L to 4N to 100N in net-org-info-other-crappy-tlds - unless a dozen of low $x,xxx sales out of 100,000 5N .infos is a good reason for you to collect "patterns" which meaning (or even its presence) you dont understand if you are not chinese enough.. :)

just an opinion

•••
buying "Chinese premiums" i.e. worst letters unpronounceable/random/not-acronyms-of-anything-imaginable 4Ls now at $200-300 is already extremely risky and highly speculative to me as i see no fundamental reasons for them to rise higher long term rather than a lottery win (there are 160,000 "Chinese premium letters" names, how many sold at retail prices?)

LOL, you sound like someone who got put into coma in April and just woke up.
Market price on "Chinese premiums 4Ls" is not $200-300, but $1000-1100 now.

•••
The next trend would be llll.net

•••
LOL, you sound like someone who got put into coma in April and just woke up.
Market price on "Chinese premiums 4Ls" is not $200-300, but $1000-1100 now.

this is what i see from my coma right now for last 30 days at Godaddy:
http://namebio.com/?s=wNyEDN3kTM

check for Flippa etc for yourself. dont forget NP auctions

i was speaking about domainers. they usually dont buy at retail prices. at least that is what i heard of them. you probably have differrent experience.

then again, it does not matter much - the higher the price the riskier it gets. best of luck with your Chinese investments anyway.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
this is what i see from my coma right now for last 30 days at Godaddy:
http://namebio.com/?s=wNyEDN3kTM

check for Flippa etc for yourself. dont forget NP auctions

i was speaking about domainers. they usually dont buy at retail prices. at least that is what i heard of them. you probably have differrent experience.

then again, it does not matter much - the higher the price the riskier it gets. best of luck with your Chinese investments anyway.
Do you know what Chinese Premium is?
I suggest you research this subject first.
Cause I see from your link that you have no idea..

•••
This looks like a BOOM.

a few points :

1. Guys are buying Chinese premiums with credit cards. If I sell something, there is always someone asking ""Hello, do you accept partially payment in another way ? Because i have a daily limit of 2.5k with escrow" and "
I'm still debating on buying some. I am not rich like you, and if I spend 5k or 6k then I will be very tight on bills the rest of the month. So, I am pondering things.."

So they are buying with loan money. Its not a good sign.

2. In last 3 years I have sold total two 4 letter.com Chinese premiums to end-users. And the buyers have not been Chinese. Its very low % of my portfolio. So there are not much end-users.
We can flip them between us - resellers and spin the price up.

3. The Chinese premiums don´t make any money parked. No income. most of them don`t do.

That are 3 points that made me sell some of my portfolio. You can always say, that Chinese just starting to use internet etc..
I am not saying the market can`t go up, maybe the prices go up to $3000 or even more, that I don´t know.
But for me there are some alarming signs.

also, guys buying 4 letter .net-s 5 and even 6 letter .com-s - I mean, who do you sell them? who buys them? I mean eventually everyone wants to make money.

Don´t take it as 100% true, just some points I have seen.

Last edited:
•••
For the past two weeks there are a lot of inquiry about LLL.biz and NNN.biz and most of the thread starters are chinese.

Are they the next Chinese Trend? These names are still running cheap now and most of them are under $50 each.

May be someone wants to take a chance and accumulate them like LLLL.com?
Regged my self 9 LLL.BIZ yesterday and there was about 250 available LLL.BIZ after this. But today 1 chinese person registered the last LLL.BIZ so now there is zero LLL.BIZ available.

•••
NNNNNNNNNNNLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.com's

:)

No a,e,i,o,u, or v though.... or 4's....

Somebody shoot me already....

•••
•••
Next Chinese trend is to sell all this purchased crappy domains to someone..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back