Domain Empire

No Holiday Slowdown for Domain Sales! New Top Ten Chart Out at DNJournal.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales report is out at Domain Name Journal. Retail stores may be reporting a lackluster Christmas, but domain sales continued on their upward trajectory this week!

Among the highlights, a rumored million dollar deal is stealing some of the limelight from the #1 domain, .info continues to rock, hitting the Top Ten again and sweeping all of the positions on the New TLD chart (and a $27,000 .info deal just went into escrow!), Germany, Austria and Switzerland all landed country code domains in the Top Ten and there were loads of $2500+ sales to report. Here is the link:

Domain Name Journal Weekly Sales Report

I think a banner domain year is shaping up for 2004. Better get some rest during the holidays, you are going to need it in the New Year!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awesome Duke, thanks!

I closed on stolengoods.com yesterday at sedo. Maybe it'll sneek to the bottom of next week's list. :)

•••
Nice sale, RJ! :tu:
Happy Holidays, Duke.
B-)

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Awesome Duke, thanks!

I closed on stolengoods.com yesterday at sedo. Maybe it'll sneek to the bottom of next week's list. :)

Nice sale -RJ-. Sedo already reported it! It's in the text after the Top Ten chart. They sent me their sales data last nite and your domain was included. Technically it should have been on next week's list since the closing happened Monday instead of Sunday (when our weekly reporting periods normally end) but I'm sure they just pull up all closed sales for the previous 7 days right before they send me the info. In any case the deposit will look just as good in your bank account!

•••
Ah I see it in there now. Negotiations went a little lower than I hoped for, but still a nice sale. :)

•••
Just posted at Yahoo via AP.:

Domain Names Once Again Fetch Top Dollar

By ANICK JESDANUN, AP Internet Writer

NEW YORK - One more sign the technology sector is rebounding: An Internet domain name is again commanding seven figures.

Last week, a Florida man sold men.com for $1.3 million, a healthy profit over the $15,000 he paid for it in 1997.

The buyers, largely entertainment industry folks who have opted to remain anonymous behind the acquiring company, men.com LLC, want to create a portal for men.

"In the last couple of years, the domain names were selling for significantly less than what they did in '99, 2000," said Monte Cahn, chief executive of Moniker Online Services, which brokered the sale.

He said the seven-figure price tag for men.com "is a big indicator of what's yet to come."

At the market's height, a handful of domain names sold for millions of dollars, including $7.5 million for business.com in late 1999 and $3 million for loans.com in January 2000.

But countless others sat unclaimed, and the dot-com bust forced many domain name speculators to give them up when they came up for re-registration, at roughly $30 apiece.

Ryan Levy, vice president of marketing for men.com, said the company also has purchased more than 1,000 other domain names over the past year at fire-sale prices to use in conjunction with the new portal.

The seller, Rick Schwartz, believes he could have gotten much more for men.com by waiting longer.

But Schwartz, who owns more than 4,000 other domain names, said he wanted the money now — so that he can buy others before prices really skyrocket

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...ap/20031224/ap_on_hi_te/internet_domain_names

•••
We have some additional details in a new front page article at Domain Name Journal as well. www.dnjournal.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back