NameSilo

Noncommercial 1 word dot com's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,

Nice forum you have here! I've come across quite a few deleted/on-hold 1 word dot com's - but they don't have much obvious commercial potential.

Is it still worth snapping them up or are they difficult to sell?

All thoughts welcome!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that if the snap is not too expensive to purchase and the domain name (in other words, the word itself) is not too long and hard to remember, it is worth it to snap it.

•••
Originally posted by TheWalrus
Hello Everyone,

Nice forum you have here! I've come across quite a few deleted/on-hold 1 word dot com's - but they don't have much obvious commercial potential.

Is it still worth snapping them up or are they difficult to sell?

All thoughts welcome!

Thank you for your kind words, and Welcome to Namepros. :)
It's pretty difficult to state generally, as there would be varying degrees of perceived "value" based on a specific domain name(s), IMHO. Each word would have to be judged on its merits specifically. I would say, generally, if they are not yet registered or deleted or on hold, then there's probably a good reason for this. The above poster is correct, you'll have to weigh the cost of registration/Snap/Namewinner, what have you against what you think it may one day be worth, either as a stand-alone domain name or as a developed site. If they don't have any obvious market value, I, personally, would shy away from them.
Perfect example in the Appraisals Forum now with "Transmits.net", as I see it ... even if it were a ".COM" it may still be very limited in the wholesale arena. Research both the End user potential, as well as wholesale demand prior to purchase.
Hope that helps.

•••
Thanks for your advice guys!

Since posting my question I have deciding to concentrate on domains that are less vague and more commercially specific.

A few of the on hold domains I was hoping to register (supposing that they do expire) were:

Airy.com
Annoyed.com
Allaah.com

The commercial potential isn't really there and they'll probably all be re-newed before they expire, but any thoughts on their value would be greatly appreciated.

-Jon :gl:

•••
You will probably get some revenue from those. Good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back