IT.COM

Number of .eu applications on April 7

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone who would like to take a guess on the total number of applications for .eu during landrush?

What do you think will be the average number of applications per registrar?

Anyone who can tell how many there were on recently launched tld:s such as info or biz? I have not been in the business for so long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
im gonna guess hrmmm, 100,000 give or take. It could be a lot more. Im just guessing

•••
droplister said:
im gonna guess hrmmm, 100,000 give or take. It could be a lot more. Im just guessing

I think it's going to be a lot more than that. Around 700,000. Then again, I'm just guessing.

•••
Number of applications would be way much then you can think off. Imagine near 1k registrars each of them would be sending not less than 1000 applications 1k x 1k = 1,000,000 ? that is a rough least estimate in my uneducated openion.
but definately number of domains granted would be way less ;).It would be interesting to see which domain gets maximum number of applications in landrush.
Peace

•••
i was going for the number of domains, not the number of applications, I bet there is a crap load of overlap. I figured all lll, nnn, and then thousands of generics and then the rest personal domains and brands.

•••
zehrila said:
Number of applications would be way much then you can think off. Imagine near 1k registrars each of them would be sending not less than 1000 applications 1k x 1k = 1,000,000 ? that is a rough least estimate in my uneducated openion.
but definately number of domains granted would be way less ;).It would be interesting to see which domain gets maximum number of applications in landrush.
Peace

Yes, I would say that it is a good guess (numbers of application that is). But actually the total number could be even greater since there are 1500 registrars today and the average could actually go up to 2000 per registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back