NameSilo

discuss Numeric Predictions For 2016

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
What are your numeric predictions for the upcoming year? For me it will always be a case of .com being the king, long, short or medium length
~
I think there will be a lot of drops later in the year, bad pattern long numerics 7N upwards
~
I think many of the recent buyout extensions will see many drops
~
I think we will see some great sales of longer names with good patterns, 8N - 12N
~
I think combinations of letters and numbers (four character, maybe some five's) will grow in value
~
I think the massive buying by the Chinese will slow down, however the quality names of all lengths will continue to flourish,
~
I think the buyers of 5N .coms will move into a holding pattern and they will become somewhat scarce by the end of next year, I know I am planning to keep mine for a while yet ..... Not For Sale
~
I believe the numeric markets only have better times ahead and that the smart folk will be happy to hold for a number of years to really see the best returns on investments
~
My predictions are pretty standard, maybe you have a completely different view
~
What do you think will happen?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only names that will cost you $0
Don't try to catch a falling knife...
I have to disagree. . Sorry but the value will be in premium numerics such as 6n .
The market is just right to catch great names at a huge discount now. .Waiting for that 0$ domain to come will surely just make another opportunity pass by. .As mentioned 'timing" yes and if you follow your own answer your opportunity is knocking right now.

•••
AT THIS MOMENT - you don't know how low 6N will fall, buying for $500 when it could be $100 in a few months is probably not a great idea.
And I think it will go down further - after all we will have renewals in a few months, people trying to get rid of their names and it will crash prices of even premium names.

I'm not seeing the value of 6N, definitely not $xxx+ - be honest, last year you would say they are worth a reg fee, too.
Long numerics - worthless in our western world if you consider potential end users - are very risky investment. If no Chinese wants to buy them what exactly are you going to do with them?

The whole pump and dump scheme you had last year - it's like some haven't woken up yet to the harsh reality. People paid hundreds even thousands of dollars for worthless names because some mysterious Chinese Investor was supposed to buy them for more:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/chinese-llll-com-bubble.879337/page-5#post-5018770

So like I've said - don't catch a falling knife. Wait and see where it lands and then make a decision if it's even worth picking up.

•••
AT THIS MOMENT - you don't know how low 6N will fall, buying for $500 when it could be $100 in a few months is probably not a great idea.
And I think it will go down further - after all we will have renewals in a few months, people trying to get rid of their names and it will crash prices of even premium names.

I'm not seeing the value of 6N, definitely not $xxx+ - be honest, last year you would say they are worth a reg fee, too.
Long numerics - worthless in our western world if you consider potential end users - are very risky investment. If no Chinese wants to buy them what exactly are you going to do with them?

The whole pump and dump scheme you had last year - it's like some haven't woken up yet to the harsh reality. People paid hundreds even thousands of dollars for worthless names because some mysterious Chinese Investor was supposed to buy them for more:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/chinese-llll-com-bubble.879337/page-5#post-5018770

So like I've said - don't catch a falling knife. Wait and see where it lands and then make a decision if it's even worth picking up.
In business you either have the guts to take advantage of a down market or just watch the ship sail..
We all have different opinions and of course yours is noted.. Either way someone will be wrong. I tend to be optimistic based on intuition and street smarts.like I said .Premiums are the way to go..Who cares about the worthless ones..The rare meaning numbers are to watch for..That is where the money is.. And I will keep buying..
Anyone have 888 for $300?? ( no 0 or 4?) Come on down to the cash man! Ohhh Yeah!...

Good luck to you.

Last edited:
•••
I predict there are going to be massive drops over the next two-three months, although I will keep about ten of my purchases/regs from this time last year, how about you?

•••
I predict there are going to be massive drops over the next two-three months, although I will keep about ten of my purchases/regs from this time last year, how about you?
Yes mass drops on the worthless ones people anticipated to cash in on but were too late..The true chips will be valuable ..

•••
I am still upbeat on LLNN's though

•••
In 2016, Aliens will invade earth and start buying 62 letter domains. So guys, start registering 62L domains:laugh:

•••
In 2016, Aliens will invade earth and start buying 62 letter domains. So guys, start registering 62L domains:laugh:
You do understand Numerics means numbers ... Don't you ??
~
There is a thread where people have been regging 63 letter domains, perhaps you should seek it out ?

•••
•••
Yeah,,So please start buying 62 character numeric domains and come back after 10 years and tell me how many have you sold

Last edited:
•••
Yeah,,So please start buying 62 character numeric domains and come back after 10 years and tell me how many have you sold
I do not buy 62 letter/number domains ..... what is wrong with you ???

•••
Nothing is wrong with me. I just replied to your comment. Initially reply of 63 letter domains was sarcastic.

•••
Nothing is wrong with me. I just replied to your comment. Initially reply of 63 letter domains was sarcastic.
Have a look at name bio and you will see some great sales for the shorter domains such as LLNN etc, I was just stating I feel there is an upside for these names, happy to agree anyone who invests in 62/63 length domains .........are just plane nuts.
~
There were a bunch of folk who did extremely well out of last years "numeric boom" and now there is a bunch of folk who drop a bucket load of names at renewal, however the shorter 5N and less will still give a great return on some recent ( 5N three or four year old hand regs or cheap purchases) All a matter of timing I guess, tend to think still some desire from the Chinese

•••
Yes, I agree with you that 5N domains will be a good investment choice.

•••
As expected, quality does still fetch a good price .......999444/com .......$5051 via NameJet

•••
Still some strength 118888/com $12,000+ (dnjournal)

•••
As expected many 6N's on the drops now

•••
The purge has began, lots of 7N's on Namejet I am starting to notice .....only the strong will survive

•••
890128888.com can it do?

•••
•••
Anyone care to venture a guess as to what's happening now with the 6N.com market? It appears prices are on the rise for both premium and non-premium:

6N.com non-chips, 30 day graph
Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 2.27.32 AM.png

6N.com non-chips, 360 day graph
Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 2.30.51 AM.png

6N.com chips, 30 day graph
Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 2.30.14 AM.png

6N.com chips, 360 day graph
Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 2.29.03 AM.png

Why would prices be going up just as so many names are up for renewal? What is your interpretation of this?

Also, has anyone got stats on how many of the 1 million total 6N.com have been renewed/transferred? So far no drops have been left unregged. But there are still two months to go to get through the full drop cycle after the buyout anniversary.

•••
I have no idea but thanks for the share

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back