NameSilo

Numeric .us domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Thoughts on value?
Choose and list the best in your opinion please.

1119.us
1400.us
1500.us
1600.us
1700.us
1777.us
2255.us
2500.us
2888.us
3-6.us
3-8.us
3200.us
3232.us
3399.us
3636.us
4555.us
5-5.us
5-7.us
6-6.us
6000.us
6101.us
661.us
772.us
7744.us
9-2.us

1188.us
1199.us
1222.us
1957.us
2112.us
2211.us
2900.us
3344.us
3500.us
4-4.us
4000.us
4600.us
6300.us
6800.us
7667.us
7722.us
9600.us
9th.us

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
not sure about the value of us numerics.
I have 1000.us
Just liked the look of it )
Americans are not into numerics, imho.

•••
not sure about the value of us numerics.
I have 1000.us
Just liked the look of it )
Americans are not into numerics, imho.
I have thousand.us , what a small world the Internet makes it

•••
The .us space is fairly restricted, so I don't see mass Chinese registrations.

Nexus is very adamant about clawing back .us domains that don't fall within the rules, as evidenced by the double claw back of video.us. Google it!

And it's true: U.S. registrants aren't that crazy about numerals.

BTW, all the NNNNN.us are reserved as zipcodes.

•••
The .us space is fairly restricted, so I don't see mass Chinese registrations.

Nexus is very adamant about clawing back .us domains that don't fall within the rules, as evidenced by the double claw back of video.us. Google it!

And it's true: U.S. registrants aren't that crazy about numerals.

BTW, all the NNNNN.us are reserved as zipcodes.
:)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Also like the 1400,1500,1600"s, imo

•••
Unable to find any reference to video.us case.

•••
•••
Sheesh! It took me less than 30 seconds to find it.

They got taken away because they weren't American citizens or had a business in the US which the registry makes clear you need to be. Amazingly they paid tens of thousands of dollars for the .us domain name, what does that tell you about the value of .us domain names. Just want to add that the registry deleted the name and a company picked it up and resold it. Nothing shady here, just follow the rules.

Last edited:
•••
Well looks like some people missed the boat on the .us short numerics, even the three letters are all getting picked up now. But there is still an opportunity for people to get one word .us. so people if you're looking for the next opportunity that's where it's at. imo

•••
They got taken away because they weren't American citizens or had a business in the US which the registry makes clear you need to be. Amazingly they paid tens of thousands of dollars for the .us domain name, what does that tell you about the value of .us domain names. Just want to add that the registry deleted the name and a company picked it up and resold it. Nothing shady here, just follow the rules.

It's relevant because most Chinese registrants do not have the right to register these, and it they do, the domain will likely be clawed back.

If I were Chinese, I would call buying a .us a bad investment, a waste of money and turn my attention to .cc and other open registries.

In that regard, .us CANNOT garner the Chinese traction (mass registration and aftermarket possibilities that is required for a CHIP).

Nothing shady about Nexus clawing the domain back; the registry sets the rules and they are pretty clear, so it clawed back video.us because the registrants did not have rights to own a .us.

•••
If the Chinese want they can lease it from us

•••
Thoughts on value?
Choose and list the best in your opinion please.

1119.us
1400.us
1500.us
1600.us
1700.us
1777.us
2255.us
2500.us
2888.us
3-6.us
3-8.us
3200.us
3232.us
3399.us
3636.us
4555.us
5-5.us
5-7.us
6-6.us
6000.us
6101.us
661.us
772.us
7744.us
9-2.us

1188.us
1199.us
1222.us
1957.us
2112.us
2211.us
2900.us
3344.us
3500.us
4-4.us
4000.us
4600.us
6300.us
6800.us
7667.us
7722.us
9600.us
9th.us
The Chinese would probably love to lease this one from you, 2888.us

•••
The Chinese are not likely to lease anything, especially .us; generally, they do not develop their domains; they invest, hold them, use them as a currency, and as a place to stash their cash outside of China, but they do this for ccTLDs that offer non restrictive registrations.

Leasing offers them no benefit whatsoever.

I recommend that domainers thinking about registering .us "CHIPS" NOT invest in .us for the purpose of selling or leasing to the Chinese.

One can invest in them for other reasons, such as sales of good NNN or LLL to end users or U.S. investors or foreigners who have a U.S. presence.

•••
"One can invest in them for other reasons, such as sales of good NNN or LLL to end users or U.S. investors or foreigners who have a U.S. presence"
-----------------------------------------------
I Agree with you, and on some of your other points lets just agree to disagree:)

•••
Perhaps some of our Chinese members will weigh in on this.

•••

"One can invest in them for other reasons, such as sales of good NNN or LLL to end users or U.S. investors or foreigners who have a U.S. presence"
-----------------------------------------------
I Agree with you, and on some of your other points lets just agree to disagree:)

That would be great.

•••
In a nutshell I'm just trying to say in America it will be .com, .net, org, .us then the rest. Having short numerics just have more value to the Chinese than to us. And for short domains that have no meaning in English they can still be valuable to someone else in another country.

•••
I am still awaiting the Chinese response.

They seem to be hanging out in the .com threads: numerals and 4L-5L .com.

•••
•••
I have thousand.us , what a small world the Internet makes it

yes, small world indeed )
if one of us gets an interest, we could offer a package of both ))
I bought onepost.com just to make my 1post.com "complete" ))

•••
•••
Its obvious now that Numerics and short domain names (chips) is by far the best way to reach the Asian market.
I wonder how many American companies have numerics, or 3l and 4l specific to that market?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back