NameSilo

top Obestatin.com, Ghrelin.com, and supporting names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever wanted to corner a huge worldwide market long after it's seemed possible? Sure, we all have...every single one of us would love to go back in time and get loads of top quality .com names and be a billionaire by now!

So...if you had the chance to corner a 50 billion dollar industry, you'd jump at the chance, right? Well, here it is...

The industry is weight loss. Thousands of diets, pills, exercise machines, etc. targetting the overweight, saying "we work!". The problem is, diets are impossible to stick by forever because they rely on giving up food that's pretty much addictive. Pills...well you tell me, if a pill worked, everyone would be taking it! Exercise is a great activity to get into, but it's so hard for just about anyone to stick with it. So what's the solution? Well, it may well lie in a hormone discovered late last year, something still years away from finding application but has shown incredible promise because, in biological terms, it IS what curbs appetite. The hormone is obestatin, and what it does is directly counteract the hormone in our bodies that causes hunger, ghrelin.

The first result you get when googling obestatin is a BBC article in which a UK expert insists that "the research (which discovered obestatin) would help enable scientists to fully control appetite within the next 5 to 10 years." Obviously that has some implications...I mean if the discovery of obestatin leads to controlling appetite, then obviously what will be the main factor in doing so WILL be obestatin. Now, there is something in that statement that probably turns some people off: "5 to 10 years". I don't know about you, but 10 years ago, if I was told that online poker was going to be a multi-billion dollar industry in 5 to 10 years, and I had the opportunity to get Poker.com...well, you get the picture.

Since it is only recently discovered and still needs to be thoroughly tested, the value in this group of names is in the future, although ghrelin IS fairly well-known already and as such Ghrelin.com is definitely worth something presently. Obviously, Obestatin.com is the one that stands to gain all the value in the future, and DOES have current value now as many scientists are buying obestatin for testing. Considering how scientists totally flipped when obestatin was discovered, it’s only a matter of time before obestatin is thoroughly tested and then developed into what will likely be the most popular weight-loss drug ever. Unlike other weight-loss substances that take a roundabout way to counter hunger and/or aid people in losing weight, a drug utilizing obestatin is pretty straightforward and blunt: Counteract the very substance in your body that causes hunger.

Anyhow, this group includes several potential drug names for a drug using obestatin with eyes toward the future:

Obestatin.com
Obestatin.cn (never hurts when over a billion people are in China)
Obestatin.in (ditto for India)
Obestatins.com (if several forms of obestatin are utilized for different purposes)
Ghrelin.com
Ghrelins.com (if several forms of ghrelin are utilized for different purposes)

POTENTIAL DRUG NAMES:

Obelean.com
Obestin.com
Obestop.com
Obestar.com
Obestil.com
Obestrol.com
Obesta.com

OTHER RELATED NAMES:

AntiGhrelin.com
BlockGhrelin.com
BlockingGhrelin.com
StoppingGhrelin.com
SuppressingGhrelin.com

I am currently contacting several large companies to find a suitable buyer for these names. I have already had offers for Obestatin.com up to high $30,000s (the highest was $38,000 from a friend of mine who has several contacts in labs and testing), and while I was at the time looking towards potential 6-figures in the future, I would take an offer close to that for that name. For the group as a whole, offers should be mid to high $xx,xxx. Keep in mind that since I am contacting several large companies, you may need to "beat the clock" to get these names...there's little that will surprise me in terms of offers I will get back from them. If I get an offer I like here and sell the names, and a company winds up getting back to me with an offer higher than I sold the names for, I will forward the offer to the new owner.

Please note that these names don't get enough traffic or revenue to speak of currently, so please don't bother asking. Too many people on here seem to think that a name must have traffic/revenue to be worth buying, and this group of names is precisely the opposite. This group of names is either for a long-term investment, or for someone intent on reselling the group to a large company that would stand to make the most of it, not for simply parking and hoping revenue will make the money back.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excellant names

Steve,

I am very sure these are to be the best investment you have ever made!

I think you are correct about the value being the highest to the end users and traffic will not be there for those names yet. Hell they are only now getting spidered for the first time.

Money in the bank!

Roderick

•••
TY Rod. This was thus far the only time I decided that putting together a package for an end user would be wise, and I was amazed that I could do it. It sure wasn't cheap, but the fact that a few of those that I didn't have were being sold by their owners...I jumped all over it. :)

It's funny...I've seen a lot of commercials and ads for hoodia now, and I keep thinking to myself "I wonder how these hoodia people are going to feel when obestatin is done with testing, hits the market, and obliterates them." After all, it can't get more natural and direct than hormones that are already in the body that do exactly what you need. The last thing people need is another Metabolife, with some substance that was never meant to be in your body that winds up doing serious damage.

•••
Targeted names for helath industry

Steve,

It will be worth all the money and the hassle. Those names are the ones to have.

Personally I am into the exact ideas you are proposing here. That is natural hormone replacement for helathy living. I have many of those kinds of names myself and we are living in the most awesome medical and life extension age ever.

We can now extend human live and do so naturally, (hgh) etc. Also the Genome studies are opening many new medical frontiers. These also provide many oppourtunities for domainers.

What are the values for the names you registered? Right now only what you can get by educating potential buyers. What will the value be when the average doctors office starts talking this stuff to their patients?.

That value will be huge so that is what I am saying you scored big on those and it might take a little time but then all hell will break loose and the bidding wars will start for names like those.

Hey fellow domainers with extra cash.. you should be looking at these names by Crooky and getting them now if you have the cash.

Its like some of my h5n1 names I own. The value does not seem to get absorbed by buyers.

But wait a little while and the masses get motivated by this news of it advancing (heaven help us if it does and I am not even Christian) and It will advance to more common knowledge. Today a lot of people do not even know what h5n1 is.

Way to go Crooky. You are a hard working domainer and getting names like that are a inspiration to us to KEEP DIGGING.

By the way a side note, Discuss names web site on Afternic has sure been down a long time.. anyone know whats going on there? About the same time that site went down Dynadot lost their site too, although they were kind enough to email the event, the situation that caused it and when it was to be expected to be back up.

Roderick

•••
Wow Crooky, I knew you had grabbed obestatin.com. But combined with the rest of the your domains the package is pretty impresive.

I had a Google alert set up for "ghrelin" forever and then the day they Obestatin stuff came out I went to reg and you had already gobbled them up. :)

I'm currently marketing my Domain/URL/NIC/DN loan names and hope to have the same success as you.

Good luck=Hard work.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
duceman said:
Wow Crooky, I knew you had grabbed obestatin.com. But combined with the rest of the your domains the package is pretty impresive.

I had a Google alert set up for "ghrelin" forever and then the day they Obestatin stuff came out I went to reg and you had already gobbled them up. :)

I'm currently marketing my Domain/URL/NIC/DN loan names and hope to have the same success as you.

Good luck=Hard work.

Cheers

I didn't gobble up Obestatin.com, Ghrelin.com, or Obestatins.com...the rest of those I regged, but those 3 I had to buy. The previous owner of Obestatin.com had posted about it and it sparked my curiosity. Then when he was in serious need of quick money, I swooped in and got it for a relative bargain considering what the future holds for it. I'd say given ghrelin had already been around and had decently monthly search numbers, I got it at about value. Ironically, I paid about the same each for those 2 names. :)

I don't know if I would have still built a package if I couldn't get Ghrelin.com, but amazingly enough, the owner of it, while not having it listed anywhere, seemed ready for someone to email him to buy it and was willing to sell. If only it was always that easy!

Last edited:
•••
Could it be...a NEWS bump? Sure enough...http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060801/sc_nm/science_obesity_dc (thanks duceman, had heard it on the radio yesterday but forgot to look it up!)

Scientists take step toward obesity vaccine
Tue Aug 1, 10:54 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A vaccine that slows down a key hunger hormone kept rats from gaining weight, even when they over ate, U.S. researchers reported on Monday.

The team at The Scripps Research Institute in California cautioned that such a vaccine is a long way from being tested in human volunteers, and that it may not work in people.

But the study shed light on how hunger and weight gain work, they reported in this week's issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The vaccine targeted ghrelin, a hormone discovered in 1999 that helps control appetite in animals and people.

"It appears that active vaccination against ghrelin is one avenue that can slow weight gain and fat build-up in the body," said Kim Janda, a chemistry professor who helped direct the study.

"The study shows our vaccine slows weight gain and decreases stored fat in rats," Janda added.

"While food intake was unchanged in all testing groups, those who were given the most effective vaccines gained the least amount of weight."

The vaccine also appears to help control whether the body stores fat or burns it off, Janda said in a statement.

"To have an impact on appetite and weight gain, ghrelin first has to move from the bloodstream into the brain, where, over long periods, it stimulates the retention of a level of stored energy as fat," Janda said.

"Our study is the first published evidence proving that preventing ghrelin from reaching the central nervous system can produce a desired reduction in weight gain."

Janda hopes the vaccine might help people avoid the weight loss and weight gain seen in "yo-yo" dieting.

"We're not claiming that our study answers the question of obesity treatment once and for all," Janda said.

"What we are saying, and what our study confirms, is that this looks like a serious workable solution to the problem."

The researchers vaccinated mature male rats that were then provided an unlimited amount of low-energy, low-fat food. Unvaccinated rats gained more weight than vaccinated rats fed the same food.

"Whether active immunization against ghrelin would help prevent the development of obesity caused by ... high-fat 'Western' diets, or would facilitate weight loss once obesity is established" remains uncertain, the researchers wrote.

------------------------------

This group of names are still for sale, though offers must now be high $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx. The more promising news that comes out about an obesity solution involving one or both of obestatin and ghrelin, the higher this will go. :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back