NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My CTR is still abysmal, but RPC has gone up almost 50% between the 1st quarter of January to the 2nd quarter of January. Let's hope it stays like that. Overall RPC has been generally better under Bing.

Yep.

At the end of the day or rather at the end of the month "the bottom line" is what it matters : the RPM
(and not so much the CTR or the $clicks)

At the other feed sometimes they throw you a big click say "$10 USD" to distract you IMO he he, then the following 1000 clicks are paid .02when you average down you still getting paid morsels...
But what you remember is that "10 USD"...

•••
my revenue is even lower than a week ago - so i must be on a different feed at parked and they are screwing me more than you guys !

•••
Just to Share

I went on a teensy weensy spending spree a few weeks ago and I finally got enough domains to join Parked. For the longest time I actually had the required minimum, but I thought I would do something with them and had no intention of parking or selling. I wonder what would have happened if I'd just parked; probably nothing but a few cents here and there.

From some of what I'd read at NP I thought I would at least be rejected on the first try for domains that didn't have enough traffic. Guess I didn't read far enough because I got in quick. Hmm, maybe they've lowered their standards or don't even look at the domains you submit...but, anyway, I can't believe there are so many options, including adding custom content. I love it.

So I'm finally back on track to do this (parking, selling, and eventually developing) part-time. Yay! Before it was just a couple days here and there every few months when I had a spare moment. I've wasted so much time, seeing as how I've wanted to do this since I hopped online, with that horrible squealy dial-up noise, for the first time back in '97 or '98. I came up with so many names back then; some just so-so, but others quite good for an end user. Wish I'd had the money to register them. Now hopefully I can sell just one to cover reg fees by next January so I won't have to use up my New Domains fund. Eh, no rush. I'm not desperate yet.

•••
Just Noticed This On Parked News.

2011-01-20 | Stats for 1/15, 1/16, 1/17, and 1/18 are being marked back as estimates
Stats for 1/15, 1/16, 1/17, and 1/18 are being marked back as estimates

Stats for 1/15, 1/16, 1/17, and 1/18 are being marked back as estimates, as Yahoo has told us that the numbers in the US/CA are not 100% correct and they will be reprocessing them over the next few days. The updated numbers may not be available until 1/22. The data for 1/19 and going forward is already correct.

So me thinks an even greater chance of lower revenue this week.
Time will tell.

•••
I also can't get my head around the quality block on all .tv extensions.

Anyone else had this?

•••
studio500 - .tv domains have been considered a quality block by Yahoo for about 3 years now. There has been a "rumor" that they will be allowed by the end of February.

Donny

•••
IMO, the move to Bing.com was a huge mistake Donny. My revenue has been declining for several years under Yahoo but with Bing.com it has now gone over the proverbial cliff.

For example, a few years ago we had some very good days with parked.com but last week our worst days ever recorded, including one day of under $1 which is a tiny fraction of revenue on better days from the past (and that hard to understand drop is from very similar domains and traffic quality).

Even though I always thought parked.com was very good overall and had excellent features starting this week we are more or less forced to try other options, which do not involve Bing.

P.S. Does Bing also block revenue from .us names like Yahoo did for so long (before anyone knew about it). If Bing allows .us I could move all my .us names back to you which I moved to a ppc firm who did not block .us last year?

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I forgot to say I find it incredible Yahoo or Bing would have the audacity to block PPC revenue from .us and .tv extentions (maybe others too). How can they possibly assume all .us and .tv domains are poor quality?

Last edited:
•••
What is your yahoo traffic quality score at parked.com ?

•••
What is your yahoo traffic quality score at parked.com ?

If you are talking to me I have no idea what you are talking about:!:

•••
Your Traffic Quality Score is in the Graph on the Dash Board page on the right.

•••
Your Traffic Quality Score is in the Graph on the Dash Board page on the right.

True, but that's now really an answer to his question since he was asking about his YAHOO quality score and the parked.com data comes from BING because they don't use the Yahoo feed :rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Taken that way he wouldnt even ask the question. (he was alluding, do you have say a high curent parked quality score or a no score) And he was asking about your score not his.

•••
"Yahoo/Bing in the past didn't allow .co, .tv, and .nz cctlds to go into their system. But as of Monday they are now allowed. If you have domains with one of these cctlds you can now add them to Parked without any problems."
So all you .CO and .TV owners/supporters, now you can use Parked to really monetize! :)

•••
How's everyone doing at Parked lately? :)

•••
•••
•••
How's everyone doing at Parked lately? :)

I moved all of my good traffic names away almost 2 mos ago ago but still have a lot of low traffic names at parked and income is normally under $1 a day, sometimes zero.

Quite disappointed about how parked.com declined to such a large degree when they were so good (actually the best, imo) a few years ago. Going to Bing was a giant negative with revenue and TQ scores, which was unfortunate. I wasted dozens of hours of time hand optimizing them for parked and even adding custom content befere the big decline. Not too happy about it all.

Last edited:
•••
Not so well, getting the good ole rejection letter.

I have 40+ domains and 20 parked with Domain Sponsor, but looking to invest and park at Parked.com also :)

•••
Not so well, getting the good ole rejection letter.

I have 40+ domains and 20 parked with Domain Sponsor, but looking to invest and park at Parked.com also :)

Hi All,

Just thought I'd update the progress from above.

SDX has been more than helpful throughout and got me sorted with Parked.com within a few days. I live in Australia, so the time difference is huge, nevertheless I got prompt replies. The Parked.com interface is nice and clean and easier to use than my current DS. An overall good experience :)

Cheers Laurence

Last edited:
•••
Hi All,

Just thought I'd update the progress from above.

SDX has been more than helpful throughout and got me sorted with Parked.com within a few days. I live in Australia, so the time difference is huge, nevertheless I got prompt replies. The Parked.com interface is nice and clean and easier to use than my current DS. An overall good experience :)

Cheers Laurence

Glad to hear you like it Laurence :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
it's weird - I feel I got a decent (not great, but at least OK) portfolio of 100 domains but I am still getting denied by parked.com

•••
How much month traffic/revenue can i have an account with parked? I applied to them before, but sadly they rejected me :(

No limit...depends on your names :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back