Dynadot

Paul Nicks is No longer listed as President of DRI on Godaddy Leadership page.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gm0

Established Member
Impact
I think original poster of the "Was Paul Nicks fired?" and I deserve some apologies. Paul Nicks is no longer on the Senior leadership page at Godaddy - no longer president DRI.

Shame on you @Paul Nicks for not being forthcoming when the previous thread broke out. You are dishonorable for not telling us the truth. Although I 'm not surprised, based on some of the stuff you have pulled in the past.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
I dont get your infatuation with @Paul Nicks.

There is more to GoDaddy than Paul Nicks.

And I am not a fan of GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
I dont get your infatuation with @Paul Nicks.

There is more to GoDaddy than Paul Nicks.

And I am not a fan of GoDaddy.
Because Godaddy could be a great company. It is Paul who has lead the part of Godaddy that we all use. He has failed at his job, and that is why we all hate using Godaddy. Things will change for the better now and maybe more people will use Godaddy again - Like the Parsons days.

And, @Samer - I DESPISE PEOPLE WHO ARE DISHONEST AND LIE

Last edited:
•••
Because Godaddy could be a great company. It is Paul who has lead the part of Godaddy that we all use. He has failed at his job, and that is why we all hate using Godaddy. Things will change for the better now and maybe more people will use Godaddy again - Like the Parsons days.

And, @Samer - I DESPISE PEOPLE WHO ARE DISHONEST AND LIE

There are lots of counter-narratives as well. I could not have told you before that post who Paul Nicks even was and I have been domaining for a long time. I don't care about the players, just the products.

The OP is probably an insider with an axe to grind against Nicks - don't care. I refuse to pat them on the back for being sleazy though. If he/she was outed, I guarantee GoDaddy would fire them. Just not the way you act in the corporate world.

Maybe this guy was fighting the good fight for domainers and was systematically shut down at every turn? Pretty hard to accomplish much when the corporate direction seems to be in more value-added services for small businesses and less domain investor perks and toys. He could have also done something foolish and got canned - who knows?

I've worked at this level of management in corporate America - VP and up are just high-paying temp jobs. Eventually, politics or priorities change and you move on down the road. There are lots of agreements, clauses, and date things that accompany removing someone at this level, so the deal may not have been done with him yet when he responded or he had some agreement about the official date of termination.

I probably would have just ignored the thread if it were me and I knew I was being terminated, but maybe he didn't know yet?

You can think he should be gone, but he is still a guy with a family that lost his job. I prefer to be a little more empathetic.

•••
@Chris Hydrick - Nonsense?

grandma GIF

Last edited:
•••
I hope Jane Lynch finds her car!

•••
I think original poster of the "Was Paul Nicks fired?" and I deserve some apologies.

https://domainnamewire.com/2024/05/21/paul-nicks-moves-to-new-role-at-godaddy/

For the domain name investment community, this means Nicks will be exclusively focused on its needs, rather than also overseeing the domain name registrar business as a whole.

Nicks will discuss these changes and more in an upcoming Domain Name Wire podcast. Feel free to comment below if you have questions you’d like me to ask Nicks for the podcast.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back