Dynadot

discuss Paying for Domains with Crypto Currencies - Viable yes or no?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Somertonian

Established Member
Impact
Hello all,
I would like to ask this audience for their opinions on trying to buy Domain names with Crypto currencies. I have an interest in both domaining and crypto currencies as well as owning a few crypto themed domains. I was thinking about trying to look at advertising my crypto themed domains for sale with payment by a crypto currency.

I am unaware of any platform that allows for payment in crypto so presuming for now that it will have to through private sales.

Has anyone had any experience with buying/selling domains using crypto as payment?

Any pitfalls people have come across or can see. I think smart contracts on the blockchain could be used in some escrow capacity but have to admit I am not that clued up on the technical aspects of blockchain.

I am really interested in your thoughts on this topic and am looking forward to your replies.

Regards,
Paul

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Riskier. There are threads on here about people getting scammed because they paid with Bitcoin and couldn't recover their money.

But if you have unequivocal trust, then it's superb!

:glasses:

•••
At Epik, people pay with BTC and other crypto on a daily basis. It's just another payment method.

This includes new domain registrations, renewals, hosting, and aftermarket purchases.

•••
At Epik, people pay with BTC and other crypto on a daily basis. It's just another payment method.

This includes new domain registrations, renewals, hosting, and aftermarket purchases.
Slanted,
Many thanks for your Reply. I will go and check out Epik.

•••
Riskier. There are threads on here about people getting scammed because they paid with Bitcoin and couldn't recover their money.

But if you have unequivocal trust, then it's superb!

:glasses:
Addison,
Thank you for reminding us about the scammers out there. Everyone has to be careful when paying for things on the internet and crypto is no different.

•••
I think it's a good thing. Though I'd only be dealing in bitcoin. It fluctuates. But it's good for the crypto currency economy.

•••
I think it's a good thing. Though I'd only be dealing in bitcoin. It fluctuates. But it's good for the crypto currency economy.
Lyle,
I agree, I think using crypto as payment is a good thing. Regarding Bitcoin only, I would prefer to be able to accept other alt coins, but obviously with the changing values an agreed price would have to be found just prior to payment. That facility maybe harder to arrange thus the viability part of my question.

Regards,
Paul

•••
BitPay and CoinPayments both have plugins for integration with WordPress. They might be worth a look into

•••
I'd never buy a domain from a stranger with CC, but I'd sell one to a stranger using CC.

•••

As a seller, can get to withdraw my fund through Bitcoin? I mean, do you guys make payouts with Crypto to sellers after a domain sale?

•••
If you sell at @Undeveloped you can accept payments in crypto. It was already mentioned in the forum earlier.

As for the broad question if it is viable or not, people are doing property auctions in crypto so why not domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back