NameSilo

PayPal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Recently I opened up a PayPal account, thinking I could do well selling templates and graphics but I'm not good at graphics, but I'm great at lots of web programming langauges - PHP, MySQL, HTML, JavaScript, CSS - so what do you think my best way to go would be? Templates and graphics or making scripts for people to buy. Thanks for the feedback ;).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well you said you are not so good at gfx but good at coding, so you should make scripts :)

•••
Well, I wasn't sure how much money I would make selling scripts, since most people can get tons of free scripts, so I was unsure of something that no-one was giving away free.

•••
Hmm I think in templates and graphics have more money...so just read some tut and sell your works for...There is future in that!

•••
Well, I've been trying my best to find some good tutorials on graphics design, but nothing good has come up yet :(.

•••
I think it would be best you continue with your coding then. Charging for custom scripts.

•••
Okay, I'll continue my selling scripts, but shall I do custome scripts (people can request a script to be made) or should I just make a bunch of scripts and post them up with a unigue price, or do both?

Thanks for the feedback :D.

•••
hey, do as others do... and create your own web design/ custom scripts company

here is mine: www.poordoggie.com. If you check my portfolio you will see I recently did the "peel medical practice's" website for them. That didn't involve much graphic design, only the words round the edge and a few photo touch-ups and that was it. I also did someone's site and they only wanted a few things changed (mainly css programming, and I installed a forum with a custom style for them). This has got me almost £300!

There is money in scripting as well. If you go big and make a forum script for instance you can sell the licences. vBulletin makes quite a bit of money, as does phpBB (through ads on their site). Also you can submit custom scripts to "hotscripts.com" and such other script directories. You can then charge people to download your script.

Anyway, if people tell you there is no money in scripting, they are wrong, you just have to do something that other people havent!

:)

•••
Thanks for the feedback PoorDoggie, but what exactly is your PoorDoggie.com site selling?

•••
There is certainly money to be made in custom scripting. People like free scripts, of course, but you've got to remember most don't know what they are doing when it comes to even HTML, much less PHP + MySQL.

•••
Jamison54 said:
Thanks for the feedback PoorDoggie, but what exactly is your PoorDoggie.com site selling?
web design and graphic design! is that not obvious? :-/ If not, I think I need to change something on it! :)

EDIT: does this not give it away?
title.gif

•••
Thank you all for feedback, but unfortunately, I just realized today that I need to verify a bank account with PayPal in order to withdrawl my money, so I now have no use for PayPal. Till I'm 18 and have a bank account :(.

•••
Can you not get a bank account in US till you are 18?

In UK, you can have a debit card from 12 years old!!!

•••
I got a bank account over a year ago and I'm currently 17. Double check with other banks to see if they have a different policy. Otherwise, just look at getting your parents to sign onto an account with you.

•••
In the US you have to be 18 to have a credit card and to have a bank account, even a friggin savings account!
And uh, heh, I'm only 14 :(.

•••
•••
•••
I was 16 when the account was made. Have you looked into having a parent/guardian name on the account with yours? The banks should let you go about it this route (at least some do).

•••
Hey Sabre Hosting tell me please some UK bank where I can open acc online...

•••
If you are in the US. See if Harris has a bank near you. I have a Harris savings and checking account with a debit card. I've also used paypal since I was about 14, so you just have to tell them a fake age.

•••
Yeah but I'm now USA citizen... :(

•••
If you are in the US. See if Harris has a bank near you. I have a Harris savings and checking account with a debit card. I've also used paypal since I was about 14, so you just have to tell them a fake age.

And that's exactly how you don't do it to save yourself from getting thrown in jail.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back