Dynadot

PHP questionz

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can someone tell me what's the difference of a normal html page and a page containing php? what's so good about php? I've read some tutorials but I still don't understand it. But first of all I wanna get an an idea what does php does. :-/

...Thanks...
...Jorge...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language. Much of its syntax is borrowed from C, Java and Perl with a couple of unique PHP-specific features thrown in. The goal of the language is to allow web developers to write dynamically generated pages quickly. You will not be able to see other site's PHP by simply viewing the pages in a text editor because PHP is a server-side programming langauge.

•••
That pretty much sums it up. but in laymans terms...

HTML is Clientside - the code is sent to the browser of a viewer and is decoded by the browser of choice. This is why different browsers display websites differently.
PHP is Serverside - its code is never sent to the browser of a website viewer. The server's software runs the code and everything happens without the viewer seeing it.

and...

HTML is incharge of Design/Layout of a website
PHP is incharge of data management

Other Clientside coding includes CSS, DHTML, and Javascript
Other Serverside coding includes Perl, ASP, and... umm... yes... =

•••
PHP:
<? 

echo "This is php";

?>

This is html

•••
.......PHP..........

I have ws_ftp pro and cute ftp. I already have a free php4 hosting, asp, etc.... What do u think it's the next step I should make to work with php.. DO I have to learn something to work with php? Pls help me out, Im really lost about the php. I've understanded so far what u guys have told me.

Thanks...:-/

•••
get down to your local book shop and pick up eith php in easy steps or sams teach yourself in 24hours

excellent books! that will get you started

•••
i'd suggest books. but an alternative is try and make sense of the php manual found at php.net and look around for php tutorials. I believe webmonkey.com has one here. This is very basic, but it gives you an idea.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back