IT.COM

Please review TheForecastTool.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

So I was recently trying to do some forecasting for work and trying to get my head around the calculations in Excel was doing my head in, so I wrote a little PHP class that did most of the work. But it got tedious having to copy the forecasts into Excel to graph them to check them as part of my testing. So I added some javascript stuff to graph the results and speed things up. Then I needed to tweak some of the settings for the calculation, so I ended up with some input fields.

Nek Minit - I figured I might as well pretty it up a bit and see put it online. Thus was born "TheForecastTool.com"

Now I'm not necessarily expecting you guys to see the value of it - I know it'll save me a lot of time in the future though. What I am looking for is just some feedback on how it renders on your screen, what you think of the layout/interface, are there any bugs that you can see, are there any suggestions you have that might make it better, etc, etc.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,
Richard

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It has a clean, simple, and straightforward design to it.
No more and no less than it should be.
I guess if you wanted to do more, you could add more content about forecasting.
But, it seems great as is.
Nice work.

•••
It has a clean, simple, and straightforward design to it. No more and no less than it should be.

I second that.

You can possibly try a light green or light blue instead of the gray/black theme too - I think it would add some extra 'oopmh' to it.

For what it does, the design is nice (the script doesn't work yet, right? It wasn't working on my FF 26 on the Mac) and how do you say it, "to the point"

Sagar

•••
True that, the design is great, to have some edginess you can experiment.

•••
Not sure how I missed these replies, but thanks for the feedback.

There is an error with FF (works in other browsers) which I need to fix.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back