Impact
Thought I'd cache in on the nice template... made this easy! lol

What’s your name?
A: Hi! I’m Tom from VeryRareDomains.com

Where do you live?
A:Suburb of Minneapolis, MN

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
A:Somewhere between intermediate and expert.

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
A:Domaining has been a side hobby for me since the mid 90’s.

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: Looking to sell off some gems. This site seems to have the most going on and the most friendly and helpful people. I’m hoping I’m right about that! ;)

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: Always… lol

What was your first domain you purchased?
A: BigPresents.com

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A:I have always thought the potential for domains is fun. I only buy domains that I can envision some sort of good use for, or something exceptionally clever. I also try to make sure they are as concise as possible.

What domain tech do you most want evolved?
parking, marketplaces, news, analytics, registrars, etc.
A: Parking

Do you have any predictions for coming trends?
A: Nope… Wish I did!

What do you enjoy most about domaining?
A: The thrill of the hunt!

Do you have any predictions for where the entire domain industry is going?
A: If I had to guess, I’d say the big players will gobble up everything and sell back at great profit.

What’s your funniest domain story?
A: Hmmm… Not sure how funny it is, but I received a cease and desist letter from eBay 10-12 years ago for owning the domain ejbay.com. I was using it to promote my eBay affiliate account as a typo domain. This was before it was frowned on so heavily.

What would you like to delegate most when you’re domaining?
parsing domains, monitoring auctions, data mining, etc.
A: Monitoring auctions

What significant industry changes have affected you?
A: Domain prices

I am probably going to be liquidating a number of great domains here. I will do everything in my power to not break any rules. This forum is a little daunting at first! :) I'll never break the rules intentionally!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Great introduction! Welcome! Sounds like you may have more experience than most of us. Enjoy your time here.

•••
Hello Tom, Welcome 2 Namepros!!!

•••
•••
Hey thanks for the welcome Arca! I'd have to say the "rarest" domain I own is: (and keep in mind "VeryRareDomains" is primarily a catchy name.. lol)
If I had to pick one, it'd have to be, 0Z1.com - But I believe I have better domains than that. I'll be putting many of them up for sale of some sort in the next few days. For the domainers here, I have 2 domain business type ones I'd like to sell. DomainAnnouncements.com and VeryRareDomains.com. All in all, I have about 30 names I'm ready to part with. I'm just trying to figure out the optimal way to do that... seems like a lot of options in that area...

•••
Hey Thanks for the warm welcome you guys! I'll take any insight you may have on the best way to liquidate some domains, IDK whether tho do auctions or best offers or what.. makes my head swim lol

•••
•••
Hi and a very warm welcome to namepros!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello Tom :)

Welcome to Namepros!

•••
Hi Tom, welcome to the forum!

•••
Hello Tom :)

Welcome to NamePros!

All the Best :)

•••
Hi! Welcome to NP :)

Good intro.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Welcome to NP, great introduction! :)

•••
Welcome to the namepros forum.

•••
•••
Hello and Welcome to NamePros!

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back